Chapter Three: You Jump, I Jump, Jack

"Ugh, Jimin," I said, rolling my eyes at him again. "Stop flirting, would you?"

"Why?" He asks me, a frown on his perfect face.

"Because I know that it doesn't mean anything," I tell him. "You flirt with everyone. It's just your personality."

"Sorry," he says, looking down at his hands. "I didn't realize that was a bad thing."

"It's not, you're just nice to everybody," I tell him. "But I'm not used to getting attention from guys, and it kinda makes me nervous."

"You're not used to getting attention from guys?" he asks me, looking skeptical. "Are you serious? What in the hell is wrong with guys in this country?"

"Jimin, come on. Be serious," I tell him.

"I am being serious, Aurora," he says, his eyes locked onto mine. He does actually look like he's telling the truth. "You're beautiful.. And if the guys here can't see that, then there is something deeply wrong with them."

I cock my head to the side, examining his handsome face.

"What?" He asks me. I shrug at him, and he tries again. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"I'm just trying to figure you out," I say. I turn back to my desk and grab a notebook, flipping it open with one hand as I reach for a pencil with the other. I write 'Concert Ideas' at the top of the page and underline it, then I start a list with the seven songs that I already suggested.

Jimin leaned over my arm to see what I was writing. "You're making a list?"

"Yeah. How else are we going to keep track?" I ask him. "There's too many songs to remember."

Jimin chuckles softly. "You're not wrong."

"Speaking of, I want one that somebody asked Jungkook for during his birthday VLive, that he forgot ya'll had even recorded."

"Heartbeat?" he asks me with a laugh. "We haven't let him live down forgetting it, by-the-way."

I nod. "Yeah. I love that song. Everybody loves that song."

"I'll have to ask if we're actually allowed to perform it," he tells me.

"Isn't it your song?"

"Well, yes, but it was recorded for an app and they might have the copyrights for it," he explains. "It should be okay, but I just have to ask to be sure."

"Ohhh. Okay, I see," I tell him, turning my head to smile at him. "Thanks in advance for checking."

"It's my job to help you, right?" He asks me with a smile.

"Yep," I said, looking down at the list of songs. "It's your job."

"Hey, I didn't mean..." He reached for my arm, laying his hand over my wrist. "I'm glad that I got your essay, Aurora. I've really enjoyed meeting you and being a part of your class today." He paused and smiled at me again. "You've treated me like a normal person, like a friend. It's part of why I asked if I could take you to dinner. I don't really want that feeling to end, yet. So I'm hoping that you haven't changed your mind about going."

I stared at him for a moment. "I haven't changed my mind."

*****************************************

One of his managers showed up to get Jimin just as my last kiddo was picked up by his mom. I told him that I wanted to go home and change, and he said that he'd pick me up at my house at six.

It was now 5:30, and I was staring at the clothes that were still all over my room from this morning. I had no idea what to wear. Where were we going for dinner? How was I supposed to know how to dress? McDonald's and a fancy restaurant had very different dress codes.