Chapter XVIII

“No, he doesn't. It's better if we stay as friends now because that's how it was supposed to be in the first place,” I disagreed, feeling guilty for ruining everything.

“Trust me, Taeyeon, he still does after all these years,” Ravi sighed and walked over to me, giving me a quick tight hug before pulling away but still holding my shoulders. “You and Baekhyun aren't the same person you were seven years ago; you're both mature enough to deal with what you couldn't handle seven years ago… I know it, you know it.”

“I don't think so, Ravi. I'm still unsure about my feelings, but maybe I'm just missing the old us… us being friends, but not the old us… us being a couple,” I admitted, honestly.

Ravi simply laughed again and held my wrist before leading me to my bed and motioning for me to sit while he remained standing still holding my hand, but he then placed it on my lap and tapped it a few times.

“Please don't start with that reason because don't tell me I'm the only one who notices that both of your songs are basically about each other, the concept, the lyrics, and everything, and it's outstanding…” he exclaimed, gesticulating. “I mean, it's awesome, but it's still a mixed bag of emotions, and all in their concerts VCR, he always loses his girl, just like he loses you… His girl. That's you, Kim Taeyeon!”

“No, that's not me,” I emphatically disagree.

But, as far as I can tell, our songs are truly about each other. Ravi is right; I noticed that as well, but not the VCR part because I wasn't aware of it since I rarely used social media aside from Instagram, where I always posted photos from shows I'd attended, new album announcements, and other such things.

He smirked and rolled his eyes. “Believe what you want, but we both know I'm right, and now I'll leave you to get ready because Baekhyun is waiting.”

After watching Ravi leave the room, I remained there for a bit before getting ready and changing into my black one-piece swimsuit and covering myself with a large white long sleeve and jeans short. Then collected my bag, which included my towel, sunblock, and other necessities, as well as my camera, which I needed to record a video for my vlog.

Instead of staying in my room, where all I could think about was him and what he was about to say, I needed to enjoy my vacation too.

“She finally decided to join us,” Yoona said as soon as they saw me approaching them by the side of the pool. “Looking sexy eonnie!”

It's just me, my members, and Red Velvet here; the boys are probably busy taking a tour of the resort and giving the girls some girl time.

“It's official, it's girl time,” Tifanny began. “Should we play a game like put your finger down, truth or dare, or something?”

“Put your finger down if you just get back with your ex,” Krystal teased, but they all looked at me, stunned.

When I heard that, I was also taken aback. “What? That wasn't me, right?” I inquired innocently.

“So, you and Baekhyun…” Yuri paused, waiting for me to finish what she was saying.

“No!” I exclaimed, palming my face and shaking my head as my insides began to panic. “We just talked; who said we were going to get back together?”

“Heechul did,” Irene replied.

“Ravi too,” Wendy added.

“You all really listen to them?” I said, shaking my head in disbelief, before adding, “Let's not talk about me, let's talk about you guys. How's life here in California?” I asked directly to the Jung sisters.