Chapter 5: Blame It On Me

Lucius took a deep breath, kneeling down on the hard ground as the Dark Lord paced back and forth in front of him. As soon as they were secluded in the basement, Lucius dropped to his knees, clearly understanding that he displeased his Lord and Narcissa. But he had every right to disown Harrison. Complete disrespect and a need to break every order he gave the boy he knew as soon as Harrison was born that he would have trouble with him.

And to think Harrison actually thought he could defeat him in a duel.

"I'm very disappointed, Lucius. Do you have any idea why?" Lucius was very pleased to have his Lord back. They could finally knock off the mudbloods and the traitorous purebloods. And the dark purebloods will rise to power again. Not only that, but Draco would soon get his rightful destiny.

As much as one might think of him as cold- he did love his family. He even loved Harrison. The boy was just unsure about what to do in his life. Perhaps a little distance from his mother might give him the wake up call he needed to give himself to the Dark Lord.

"No, My Lord." He didn't know why Voldemort was this displeased with him. Perhaps it was because of the disrespect Harrison showed the Dark Lord. If Lucius was to accept Harry back into the family someday, he needed to make good graces with the Dark Lord. "Please forgive Harrison, My Lord. He's just having-,"

"I'm not angry with sweet Harrison, Lucius. I'm irate with you." Lucius widened his eyes, keeping his eyes on the floor. "I was anxiously seeking Harrison's presence tonight and you go and ruin my chance." Voldemort hissed out. "Whatever gave you the idea to disown such an asset to the war?"

Lucius had never heard Voldemort this angry.

"My Lord, I love my son, truly I dohe just doesn't have the right head on his shoulders."

"And you thought you would straighten his head by kicking him, Merlin knows where?" Voldemort stopped before Lucius and placed his foot on Lucius' head, pushing his nose to the ground. "Tell me, Lucius, what is wrong with Harrison? I saw now flaw in him today and over the course of his childhood. I only saw a flaw in the way you raised him."

Lucius flinched, his nose pressing deeply into the concrete ground. "I did it for you, My Lord. He doesn't wish to serve you."

The foot left his head and Voldemort made a humming noise. "Oh really?"

"He has this foolish idea of beingan assassin, My Lord. He wished to serve you in a way that isn't a typical Death Eater. I tried to convince him he could never be an assassin and that you may allow him in your inner circle when time and loyalty permitted it."

Voldemort chuckled lowly. "My inner circle? With time?"

"I realize my words were spoken out of turn. It is you who should make that decision, not me." Lucius remained on the floor, his eyes closed. They snapped open when he felt Voldemort crouch down next to him.

"Harrison is much more than a member of my inner circle, Lucius. Much more." He breathed and Lucius shuddered. "I don't want him to become an assassin."

Harrison could never become an assassin-,

"Why don't you see your child for who he is, Lucius?" Voldemort stood up. "Rise." Lucius scrambled up, well aware of the large bruise on his cheek from both Harrison and Narcissa. He tried to put as much dignity in his stance as possible. He watched Voldemort as the Dark Lord paced back and forth. "He's a gem, Lucius. He's such a value to me. You don't see his power like I do."

Lucius remained quiet.

"You don't think he can become an assassin, Lucius. But he can easily become one. He's magically powerful, someone I want at my side. The life of an assassin is cold- it turns the assassin against human interaction and embraces them in a life of solitude and shadows." Fingers shot out and grasped his jaw tightly. "I don't want him away from me. You will bring him back, do you understand? He'll be a Malfoy once again- out of Dumbledore and the Assassin Guide's hands. And you'll treat him just as if you treat the other boy."