Chapter 9:You want me

Wood cracked from the intense heat of the fire, sending sparks into the air. Tea steamed and sugar cubes glistened.

Two pairs of eyes dueled.

Harry was sitting as far away from Voldemort as he could, watching the man cautiously. They had sent all the Death Eaters out of the manor long ago and neither of them had spoken to one another. The smaller wizard was nursing a cup of tea, glaring at the blood-red wine the Dark Lord sported. It was as if the man mocked his age, taunting him.

"You need to trim your weeds," Harry started the conversation, breaking first. The only reason he gave in before the man across from him was that he was starting to get tired and the prospect of where to sleep was nagging at him.

The Dark Lord raised an eyebrow. "Excuse me?"

Looking at the imposing figure, Harry wasn't afraid. The man was emotionless as of now and Harry wondered if wizards as powerful as Dumbledore and Voldemort could hide their feelings from Seers. "Your damned vines outside, near the steps- you need to get them under control."

Crimson eyes lightened. "Take a fall down them, love?" Harry sneered as Voldemort chuckled darkly. "Clumsy child," Voldemort tsked. Taking another sip from his wine, he closed his eyes- as if pleased with everything; pleased with the blazing fire, pleased with the wineand most of all, pleased with Harry's presence.

The lines of tension around his face seemed to relax, Harry noted. "Excuse me. I didn't fall down them; they wrapped around my ankle and pulled me down." Harry pouted, glowering at his tea. "Can't I get some wine? I would have never known that the most powerful Dark Lord in history would actually care about drinking ages"

"When it comes to you, child" Voldemort kept his eyes closed; an amused smile on his face. "I look after your limits."

"Really?" Harry wondered. "And here I thought you would prefer to get me tipsy." It was said quietly, almost muttering, but an upturn of the man's lips proved Voldemort heard him clearly.

"I don't need alcohol to make you submit to me, Harrison." Crimson eyes slit open just barely. "Besides, I know you. You would never allow your guard down by becoming 'tipsy'. You would only act intoxicated in order to blame your attraction to me."

Harry tipped back his head and gave a short laugh. "Keep believing that, Tom." He felt slight annoyance from Voldemort at his given name.

Silence and then the verbal spar between them vanished, both of them knowing they had to get this next conversation over with.

"Tell me, Harrison," Voldemort set down his glass of wine after taking a long sip. In his fingers, the locket dangled and swung back and forth softly. "What do you think of Zabini's child, the boy your age?"

Harry tensed and then shot forward, slamming his cup down. "No," Harry shook his head. "We aren't starting on this. We're discussing your Horcrux, not-,"

"Why don't we play a game then?" Crimson eyes were still locked on the locket hanging from his fingers. The gold shimmered back at Harry in the firelight. "We take turns asking each other a question and the other answers it. Truthfully." Voldemort implied softly, a slight grin on his lips. "Because I would love to get to know you better."

Harry smirked. He knew well enough that the Dark Lord wanted to know every sexual experience he had and then eliminate whomever he had it with. But he was willing to risk Cho's and Parvati's life in order to hear more about the Dark Lord. Merlin, He had so much he wanted to question the man. "Deal," Harry agreed softly.

Voldemort's eyes opened fully and he leaned back in his chair, crossing his legs. Harry watched as the man gave a lazy wave of his wand and the room tingled. "Just a minor truth spell," Voldemort exaggerated. "What do you think of Zabini's child?"