P2: Moments Between the Rolling Time

Raj ji and I never went down an easy road. It has always been filled with challenges, complications, pressure tactics, sacrifices and has always tried to be more mature than before. More importantly, as the challenges unfold, we often lose track of time. 

Hours rolled out into days and days into months. Dev was growing up so quickly, lighting our lives with some or the other unexpected surprise. He advanced through crawling, toothing, trying to stand up, make a mess out of the house and of course to talk! Monitoring him through his childhood, giving him the best of nutrition, taking him to the pediatrician, go to his vaccination appointments, taking him to the parks, and entertaining him brought us all to follow a schedule that was catered around him! Of course, being the youngest in the family, he did enjoy all the attention from his Bhua and Chaachi's! Through all the toughness that life had to throw, Dev's innocence and naughtiness seemed to fill out hearts with all joy!

Ma ji and Babaji had been more than supporting to Raj ji and me. They understood what we had signed up for and lent their helping hands as much as they could. Raj ji and me were concerned of whether we were disturbing and troubling them in their old age, but the energy and joy that they portrayed encouraged the both of us to be the best at what we wanted to pursue. Behind a successful career, stands a supporting family! 

Academics became more mainstream than ever. Choosing medicine as your career when you have a family can bring additional challenges. To adjust the practical classes around Dev's timings, pushing a couple of sleepless  extra hours to study for exams, make things alright for Ma and Babaji at home and to be there for my husband did take a lot of planning, support and efficiency. Raj ji had been more than understanding through all of this even though he had a strict schedule himself. His assignments were no less to Herculean tasks; he had to always be ready with presentations and business pitches. All I could tell is that both of us managed to get eachother through two semesters.

Time and tide waits for no man!

With the completion of one circus show of an year, Raj ji and me finally were done with our exams. As I walked from the exam hall to the familiar gates, I saw my husband wearing the biggest smile on his face waiting for me to walk to him. We had missed eachother, even through the important days like wedding anniversary and maybe celebrating Dev's achievements of growing up, but today was the day where we looked at eachother with zero responsibilities attached.

My handsome, handsome man!

God, after all this time he still makes my heart flutter!

As soon as I was close enough to him, he grabbed me and pulled me into the warmest and tightest hug possible!

Damn, I missed this! As I inhaled his aura, he pulled me even more closer to him.

A sudden realisation hit me, I am still right in front of my college gates!

"Ji!"

"What?", he asked huskily, though a slight hint of disappointment rang through his voice.

"We're still outside-"

Slowly relieving himself from me, he mumbled, "You do realise that I am married to you and I am allowed to hug you and kiss you, right?"

I laughed and reached out to his hand and held him tightly!

"I know, but let's go home, okay? And then, I am all yours!"

He pulled me close and whispered, "Yes, you are mine, and mine only!"

We sat on the bike as I hugged Raj ji from behind.

"You know that this proximity is dangerous and is already taking a toll on me-"

"Hmm? But you are my husband and I am allowed to hug you and kiss you-"

"God, you're killing me Pavi, and I have to drive-"

I just smiled and hugged him even more tightly. Raj ji realised that he's got no other choice but to drive.

The wind just blanketed around the both of us, just enhancing the mood that the both of us were in. We felt like a normal couple again and I just couldn't wait to reach home. I wanted to be with my husband, wholeheartedly!

As we reached home, we saw that the house was locked!

Babaji and Ma ji would have gone to the shop along with Dev and Rekha would be in her college, how convenient!

Raj ji just smiled and parked the vehicle. We slowly walked to our floor and he hurriedly latched the door from inside. Finally we reached our hall and Raj ji just looked at me as a playful smile. I walked towards him and directly reached his lips. I kissed him like there was no tomorrow. He hugged me as his hands explored my body.

Moments became even more personal and fetish filled than ever!

Cheers to hitting the pause button amidst the rolling time...