Darlin' - Ryan Bingham

You were spending the weekend with your boyfriend and some friends at a ranch. Your boyfriend thought it would be a good way to, maybe, try to fix his mistakes. But you were not that sure... He says he loves you, so how could he have cheated on you?

Standing by the front porch of the enormous house, you felt the sun rays hitting your face, warming you. Looking around, you saw your boyfriend riding horses with his friends, all laughing and chatting. You simply stood by the front porch watching him for a couple of minutes. You used to love that man so much, but now your heart was always telling you to not trust him. You saw how much he likes to flirt with pretty girls, making you feel insecure. Damn, he even admit it to you that he slept with another girl a couple of times... So why were you still there? Why were you insisting in a relationship that was doomed?

All by yourself, you went for a walk in the ranch. It was a beautiful country space, that made you feel relaxed. Being in the nature always had that effect on you.

There was a bunkhouse where the cowboys of the ranch used to live before it all was turned into an inn. As you were walking to the door, you heard a guitar playing, making you wonder who was there. Your hand reached the door knob, opening it. The space was still furnished, still looking like a bunkhouse.

Just then you saw Ryan, sitting down with his guitar.

"Hey.", he spoke, greeting you.

"Hi."

Among every friend that was spending the weekend at the ranch, Ryan was the one you would like least to find... Not because you hated him... Quite the contrary. 

Without another place to go, you stood closer to him while he played some accords on the guitar. It took him a while to look at you again.

"I'm sorry (Y/N).", he spoke.

Last night, things got a little awkward with Ryan as you were left alone with him, after your boyfriend choose to go late night fishing with some of his best friends. You two talked for hours and drank some beers on the front porch, admiring the dark night sky. You still didn't know how, but you end up kissing him more than once. And sure, you could blame it on the alcohol, but the truth was that you wanted to kiss Ryan.

"There's no one here to blame.", you spoke again. "We are both adults, and we both wanted it."

Ryan looked at the guitar laying down on his legs and tried to hide a smile.

"Guess, we both wanted it.", he said and looked at you again. "Can I play you a song?"

"Sure.", you sat down next to him on a chair.

His fingers started playing some soft melody.

"It's something I wrote this morning.", he informed you. "It's not perfect."

"It's alright.", you said."How is it called?"

"Darling."

You flashed at smile at him, encouraging him to sing it. His deep voice sang the first words by the rhythm of the guitar.

"Darlin, hold me inside / Never let your fire die / Cause I don't wanna lose my way/ And here I can no longer stay / If I don't have you", he sang, and you felt your heartbeat changing

For who did he write that song?

"Darlin, let's dance on top of the wine / I'll try to keep myself in line / And feel everything that you know / And keep my troubles off of your toes / So dance with me", he continued to sing and looked at you while still playing his guitar. "It's still not finished.", he said.

"It sounds beautiful.", you declared.

He looked sort of embarrassed before speaking again:

"Like you..."

Ryan lay down his guitar on his legs. He bit his lower lip, maybe trying to hold the words inside his mouth. It was you, who became closer to him. His muscles seemed to relax a bit as you approached him. 

"Can I kiss you?", the words slipped through your lips and Ryan simply smiled before connecting his soft lips with yours.

You still didn't know where this thing was going, but one thing was for sure: You were slowly falling in love with Ryan.