Goodbye - Chris Young

"Either you're a little bit lonely

Or something ain't right

And judging by

That tear in your eye

You're about to say something crazy

Like goodbye..."

I knew it was over...

No words were needed to realize that the love we had once felt for each other had faded over time ... I was no longer the same. Chris was no longer the same. Because now all we do is argue when I want him to be on my side and he has a career in music to build ... because I wanted a family and he wants to wait ... because now our love feels different.

I love Chris. I love him with all my heart but sometimes saying goodbye seems like the only solution.

"What are you doing?", Chris's voice surprised me when he entered the bedroom.

My clothes were spread out on the bed before I put them in the suitcase. When I looked at Chris there were tears in my eyes, but I didn't want to cry. Lord knows I had cried too much before making this decision.

"Don't go...", Chris said, and then I felt his warm hands on my shoulders. He got closer to me and almost whispering in my ear he said: "Honey... Don't leave me."

When I turned around Chris was so close to me. I love this man to death, but maybe we were just breaking each other's hearts.

"I love you (Y/N)...", he said and held my hands. "Why are you leaving?"

"Chris...", I had tears in my eyes. "I wish I knew how to fix this... How to fix this love...", he was listening carefully to my words. "I feel like we are only bringing each other's tears and sorrow..."

"I never wanted our love to become this...", Chris said. "I know sometimes we have our fights. But I love you (Y/N). I love you so fucking much baby... Please don't leave me."

I really didn't know what to say. But then Chris started to get closer to me. His hands cupped my face softly before he crashed his sweet lips into mine. It didn't take long for me to feel myself melting in his kiss. He held my waist and I ran my hands through his hair letting that kiss deepen. We were so perfect for each other. So why couldn't we get that love to work?

His warm breath against my neck made my body shiver completely. His hands slid inside my shirt touching the skin on my back.

"Chris ...", I mumbled.

"Honey." He said, and kissed my neck over and over again.

I knew I couldn't resist Chris. His touch knew my body so well, always leaving me wanting more.

I was packing to leave Chris. So how come I was now lying in bed with Chris and his kisses filling my entire body? At that moment all I wanted was to make love to the man I loved.

He helped me to get rid of my shirt and soon he did the same to his. I was sitting on his lap while his hands touched my body so slowly and gentle. I rocked my hips against him hearing a soft moan come from his lips.

"I love you so much baby...", he said switching positions when he made me lay down on the bed we shared for so many nights.

*****

Lying down in his arms, I know I love Chris so much. But could we ever make this love work?

"Girl, we got something real here...", He says, when we finally catch our breaths. "I swear we can make this work. Just don't leave me..."

I can feel his heartbeat like a soft melody to me. I love him. God, how I love him.

And I'm still trying to find the right words to say when Chris speaks again:

"Don't say something crazy like goodbye."

"I love you Chris, I just don't know if..."

"Baby...", his eyes are looking into mine while we are lying down in this messed up king size bed. "Please don't let us die... The love of a lifetime is worth at least a million tries."

That love we shared was as deep as none of us had ever lived. So maybe Chris was right, because a love like ours happens only once in a lifetime.

"Baby what we got

Is too good for goodbye..."