Space Cowboy - Kacey Musgraves

"Sunsets fade, and love does too."

Maybe a love like ours can only be found once in a lifetime. And I really thought you were going to stay forever, but maybe good things aren't supposed to stay...

Now sitting alone in my room while I admire the mountains in the distance becoming snow-covered, I can't help but think of the sunny days we spent together, laughing as if nothing else in the world was more important than our love.

I was yours. You were mine. It was all so simple.

So how could you abandon me like that?

How could you leave me after all the love we shared?

I remember that day when you were looking out the window and I couldn't help but stare at you, watching the way the sunbeams were lightening your face making your eyes shine in a soft blue just like the sky above us. I knew you didn't want to stay here anymore, when your dreams were so far away from this boring little town we used to drive around.

The boots standing by the door weren't made to stay there much longer. Boots were made to walk, and you always wanted to get lost in the world feeling the sweet taste of freedom. And I couldn't be the one telling you to stay, because I never wanted to keep you from searching for your dreams. But my place is here... So I can't go down the road holding your hand.

"You can gave your space, cowboy.", I said and the you looked at me. Your pretty blue eyes looked deeply into mine and I felt a knot in my throat and my heart was breaking but I needed to find my way to say goodbye. "I ain't gonna fence you in. Go on and ride away in your Silverado. Guess I'll see you around again."

I saw you opening a little your lips but no sound came out.

"I know my place, and baby it ain't with you.", I said, and felt my heart breaking into a millions pieces. But I couldn't keep living a lie. "When a horse wants to run, ain't no sense in closing the gate. So just go...".

And tears came to my eyes as you touched my hand. You were never good with words, so I guess we would never say goodbye to each other...

"You can have your space, cowboy.", I just mumbled.

Because I know everyone says the good guys always stay but I know you just needed your space, cowboy.