Chapter I: Dios Mio🌸

Y/n POV 

The night before was a blur, I woke up the next day in the afternoon fully dressed from the night before. I woke up to the sounds of Mirabel and her sister singing together, I thought I was dreaming because Isabela and Mirabel never had a good relationship for as long as I've known them. 

As I stood up I looked in my bedroom window and the town was filled with colorful flowers and plants everywhere, my lips curled into a smile as I saw who was growing the plants. I never wanted to admit it but I have always had a crush on Isabela ever since I was 15, now Iam 18 and she is 21. I know she is older but love is love.

I changed my clothes in to a more casual dress and headed out.

As I arrived to casita, I couldn't help but realize that casita did not greet me as it usually did. I walked in to see Mirabel and Abuela Alma fighting and the house started to crack more and more. 'I missed a lot' I thought. 

"Dios Mio" I said when I saw the candle slightly falling.

I heard tia Pepa call out to her mama. I was always close with the family because of my relationship with Dolores and Mirabel, so I was allowed to refer all the adults however I wanted. Though I was closer to tio Bruno.

Isabela POV 

I saw y/n walk in but I was too focused on what was happening. I actually like her but because of my abuela I had to always make sure to fall in "love" with the right people. I don't think she likes me though so I kept my distance.

The one and only word I heard her say before the candle fell was "Dios Mio" 

I saw my Hermana try to save the candle but she couldn't reach, I formed some vines and striped to get up to my abuela's window, right when I was about to reach the candle my door stopped glowing and I fell along with my primo, I loooked at him with worry as he returned the gesture. Soon I felt a hand on my shoulder

"Are you ok?" My face immediately turned red when I saw who it was. She gave me a sweet smile and helped me get up. If it was even possible I blushed even more.

"Isabela you look like a tomato" I snapped out of my trance to see y/n starring at me sweetly and Camilo making kissing faces. I rolled my eyes at him and thanked y/n. Soon the house started to fall and casita threw everyone out. 

Y/n POV 

We were thrown out the casita but Mirabel stayed inside, we tried to call for her but it was hopeless. Dolores hugged me from the back and asked me if I was ok.

"No I'm not, what If something happens to Mira?"

"She will be fine," she rubbed circles in my back and reassured me, she knew me and Mira were close. "Thanks Dol" then we saw abuela Alma coming close to use with a frown,  "Why don't you go home, your parents must be worried about you"

"Yes senora, just know if you guys need anything me and mi familia will always be her-" "I said go home y/n! I don't want your face here again especially since you are the duaghter of that m/n" Alma said slightly raising her voice.

I quickly left as Dolores was saying something to her abuela. When I got home my parents were packing. "What's going on ma?" "Senora Alma doesn't want us to stay in the encanto" my eyes started to water a little. "I'm not going anywhere" 

Pa looked at me sincerely and exchanged a look with my ma. "Fine you can stay, we are going to a city called Cali, If you change your mind please come." I was to stunned to speak so I let them walk out the door.

I am 18 so technically I will be fine living alone but I love my parents.

(1 hour later)*still y/n POV* 

I was in my room when I herd some kids outside yelling something about Mirabel, without thinking, I slid on some flip flops and ran outside. I found the villagers making some sort of agreement so I joined them. We started singing along with the Madrigals and eventually started building.

"Hey y/n" I looked over my shoulder to see Mirabel standing there. I immediately hugged her and she returned the gesture. "I know why your parents left" I was shocked, I didn't think word could get around that fast. "My abuela sent them away,"

"I know" I said in a fit of rage " back in the day your ma and her used to be great friends but your Mom and her got into a fight so she sent them away, Your parents refused to leave so... she threatened to kill you" I gasped loudly.

"Mira.." I looked at her then back at her abuela who was talking to some villagers.I heared someone whisper in my ear  " hola mi Flor" I blushed intensely when I saw who it was. Isabela was standing next to me while Mirabel went back to constructing.

"I heard the news, do you want to stay over tonight" "your abuela doesn't want me around" a new set of tears formed in my eye.