Chapter Twenty-Five

Kayla•

The only thing I wanted to do at the moment was talk to Harry.

I don't know why,but I felt like he was the only one who could understand me.

I was disappointed,upset and mostly confused.And even though Harry would probably make me even more confused I wanted to talk to him.

What I learnt or actually what I didn't learn from Antonio made me feel stupid and weak.

All this time I was thinking that he killed my parents and now - seeing his genuine surprise after my accusations,I was thinking more and more that I was wrong.Completely wrong.

He could have been a good actor,but I was carefully looking at his body posture and facial expressions,and he didn't seem like lying one bit.

What if I was blinded by fury all this time?What If I actually was ridiculous and he had never laid a finger on my parents?What if I completely jeopardized my relationship and friendship with him just because of my clouded judgment?

I quickly stood up from the floor and wiped the tears from my cheeks.

Maybe I made a mistake with Antonio,but I wasn't going to make the same mistake with Harry.

I could fix my relationship with him and we could figure all this out.

I liked him.Here,I said it.I liked him,but I wasn't going to let him play me.

I didn't even know what I was going to tell him,but I exited my room and made my way down the stairs.

He was probably in the main hall,entertaining the guests.

I didn't even know what I was going to tell him,but I felt the urge to talk to him.

I had to get this off my chest,I had to get all of the things that have bothered me,off my chest.

And I don't know why I thought that Harry was the person who would help me figure myself,my feelings and the whole situation out.

I slowly made my way down the stairs with intention to lift my head up and go to the hall.

God,I hope my make up wasn't ruined.

"Are you okay,Alpha?"

What?What was that?Did I heard Alpha?Was that Anastasia's voice?

"I'm okay now that you're here,sweetheart."

Sweetheart?

My foot freezed in the air as I was about to make the last step and reach the second floor.Harry's room was on that floor.

I heard some muffling noises and steps.

I decided I have misheard so I quietly made the last steps and stopped at the edge of the stairs.If I wanted to go down the corridor I had to turn left,but I decided I would stay round the corner and listen.

"Can't you see the irony in the situation Stassie baby?"

Why the hell was Harry calling Anastasia 'baby'.What was going on?

I took a few steps and peek from behind the wall.

Yep.Anastasia and Harry were there.

Her back was facing me and she couldn't see me,but Harry was looking in my direction,although it seemed like he didn't really see me.

He tilted his head to the side and his eyebrows furrowed.I heard Anastasia whispering something ,but I couldn't decipher what.

Harry also said something which made Anastasia take a step back.She probably said something after,because she put her hands on her waist and was looking like she was waiting for an answer.