Red Moon

Luna's POV

Wow.. We looked amazing. Better than amazing, fierce and mysterious. I beamed at mine and Bruno's reflection in the mirror. His dark jade suit jacket was such a deep color it almost looked black, like the depths of the jungle at night with a crisp black collar framing his chest. A simple black shirt hid behind the one buttoned jacket against his matching pair of black pants. His slightly longer, more grown out peppered twists were pulled half back. That's my esposo, looking like a snack, glowing beside me in our bedroom mirror.

"Wow. You look.... Like a real reina.", he was taking in my own appearance, making me blush. The dress I wore had been picked solely to compliment his own outfit. María and Isa insisting I look equally as majestic for tonight. A floor length satin dress, in the same shade as Bruno's jacket, hugged my bust where a plunging cut revealed far too much of my chest than I cared to normally show. Another long cut exposed my leg, the fabric loose after my waist. Leaving my hair open in its usual waves softened the otherwise royal look. Still me but a very proud Madrigal version.

"There's just one thing...", he disappeared from our reflection, reaching over to the cabinet and smoothly stepped back behind me. Carefully draping my emerald necklace around my neck, his fingertips softly stroked my skin as he adjusted it. "Now you're royalty.", his eyes sparkled brighter than the gems between his fingers, admiring it on me.

My cheeks burned, making him laugh. "Shouldn't I be the nervous one tonight?", he kissed my forehead before taking my hand in his. I should be feeling more self conscious but the pride he showed while gazing at me made me blaze with confidence.

"Excuse me..", I hip bumped him as we walked out of our room. ".. what happened to Team Madrigal.. hmmm...", teasing him with his own words. Bruno's hand squeezed mine, a quiet thank you rolling between the touch.

Tonight was gonna be a suckfest, dialed up to the max. But we both knew it had to happen. The whole community had been patient with us during these past six months, letting us soak in our Diego bliss and adjust to being new parents. Nobody pestered us about our gifts or maybe they were too afraid to ensue the wrath of Lo. Either way, they slowly started approaching Abuela, requesting that we come back and offer our gifts to Encanto. It seemed so ridiculous that ten years ago they would have verbally stoned Bruno in the street and now everyone wanted a piece of his magic. Such trivial prophecies, I rolled my eyes at the thought.

"Hot damn.. We look goooood!", Benji snapped his fingers seeing us step out into the living room. Can't argue that. My boys were on fire in their own set of black pants and dark jade colored shirts. Over Benji's shirt sat a pair of suspenders, making his look slightly more carefree, matching his casual style. Mateo's shirt was the only one with embroidery hidden on it. Tiny silver stitching formed a cresent moon on his collar and sleeve cuffs. I squealed inside at how dashing our familia looked together. Only Diego wasn't dressed for the occasion, swaddled in a simple deep shade of Bruno's mauve color blanket. The color contrasting his soft green eyes against dark wisps of hair.

María bounced his small body in her arms, grinning ear to ear at the sight of us. "Hot damn is right. Are you guys trying to make a statement? Cause it's working.", her laugh vibrated Diego's cheeks. My eyes darted to Bruno, his emotions hitting me through the bond. Pure pride. Yeah this was a statement for him, no doubt.

If they wanted to make a spectacle of us and our gifts, they were gonna get all the drama attached to it. It had been Bruno's wish that the town see us not as servants but one of the strongest families in Encanto, one they shouldn't be taking for granted with such pointless prophecy requests. After tonight that message will have rang out loud and clear. Not exactly sure how Abuela will feel about it but pretty certain Bruno didn't care. He was already appeasing her by going along with this song and dance.