La Luna Lore - Q & A

Deep dive into the lore of La Luna + Q&A

Questions that sit floating around my brain (but if I've missed one that you want answered I'm spilling all the tea so ask away):

Will Benji and Echo have kids? If so, would they get a gift? He's officially a Madrigal so for me that's a big yes. And we already have seen how much Benji adores his baby siblings. He would be the absolute best father, having learned what that looks like from Bruno. Do I already know the names and gifts? Yes yes I do haha

Does Benji get his puma tattoo? His ink (on his older self) can be seen in the chapter 'Phases' but he also adds a few more meaningful pieces, one being a version of Bruno's lunar phases.

Art by uglyrosecloth

Benji's lunar tattoo

Benji's song from Echo

What will Mateo's role in Encanto be? He's always been the sunshine boy and is quite happy being himself as that's enough. He keeps everything lighthearted and fun, roping his siblings into pranks and games, regardless of how old they are. His most well known game that became a yearly tradition in Encanto is an epic water slide that runs from the top where Casita sits to the bottom of the river. He still holds the record for fastest one down, much to Benji's annoyance (Benji is second, Arthuro third, Bruno fourth although everyone thinks Bruno phased half way haha). I imagine Teo and Arto taking small adventures together down the river with their combined gifts being both useful and freeing for them. He'd be the fun brother/uncle/cousin that the little kids love. Isa and Arthuro's kids especially.

Fun Mateo gifts that hadn't gotten to be explored in the story: when Pepa makes it rain he can shield everything like an invisible umbrella. Running into a burning fire.... No biggie. Also although he's always soaking wet he could technically dry himself by sending all the water off of him, he just prefers not to.