Eternity (Finale Part Two)

Bruno's POV

There was a certain stillness in today's morning, lingering in the air like a quiet friend who's company used to haunt me all those years ago. Inside Casita's walls nobody could hear how my broken heart ached or how it beat to its own miserable drum. As if nothing in the small world I had created solely for myself, existing only with one purpose, could understand me. But here she was, nestled with her warm breaths prickling my chest in my arms, sending goosebumps flying like stars in the sky over my body. She found me, in the wake of my own wreckage and never once questioned 'us'. An 'us' had always lived within fate's grand design, sewn together with the thinnest of threads but stronger than any other intricate tapestry. Our two colorful lines twisted together, weaving an unbreakable bond and its all cause of Luna. She's the one that found me and pulled me back to her moonlit shore. I've never felt more at home than right here. Her delicate fingers fluttered out into the air between us and grazed my skin as she searched for me again. If she'll ever stop her endless reaching out for me in her sleep I'll never know and pray to the heavens she never does.

'Shhh.. Amor. I'm right here.' Two blissful sighs emerged from within the deepest parts of our bond as I softly brushed the few random stray hairs from her face, lightly pressing my lips to her forehead. Her almost faded sun-kissed freckles that covered the small bridge of her nose and trailed off to her cheeks reminded me of the milky way, clusters of tiny paint splashes in the sky. Perfect, I smiled down at her.

The other sigh that had relaxed with my comforting call now grinned happily to himself, tightly snuggled between Luna and my body atop our thick quilt. A barely audible purr crawled out of Diego's tiny voice, a song my heart distinctively recognized from our mijo. Just like the very first time I had felt him find our connection, here on this bed barely the size of an avocado with Luna soaking in my warmth, he instantly settled feeling my presence surrounding him.

'Te quiero mucho mi principe.' Hoping he picks up on how much my heart swelled knowing he was one of the most perfect things to come from my love of Luna.

My heavy eyes struggled against the weight of dawn that steadily rose inside our messy cramped bedroom. Exactly who's bright idea was it, to start painting the mural on our ceiling last night? Oh, that's right.. Mine. My chest held back a rumble from my chuckle, not wanting to wake either of the sleeping royalties in my arms. Mi reina, mi principito... I breathed in their two undeniably midsummer scents, evoking every pleasant memory I had of them and forced my lids back down. That should help sleep take me, sighing softly as the picture of our three boys formed in my mind. Their bare feet squished the long blades of grass between their toes, wiggling deeper into the cool soil as Benji and Mateo helped balance Diego to stand. An almost impossible task since Diego preferred to discover how many bounces he could accomplish with his wobbly legs instead. The memory swirled and intensified, letting me hear their laughter at the mini dance the three of them gave us. This was a new favorite that I had stored away inside my mind's eye, a mental journal of sorts where I could travel to whenever I missed them. Even if they laid in my arms, I'd always somehow miss them.

The darkness was inviting and I felt myself slowly floating away into it, when a sudden pitch black shape moved past the dim light behind my eyelids. "Papá..." The sweetest hushed tone called, placing a small finger to my cheek. "Mmm..." Grunting at the chilly sensation from Mateo's poke. Maybe he's never cold while playing in water, at all times of year, rain or shine, cause our little River was his own force of nature and absorbed the icy temperatures.

"Papá!" He whisper shouted into my ear, inching closer. "Tía María and Tío Lo are here. Tía brought breakfast!" His bubbly personality echoed in his voice, making me smile.

"Okay mijo.. Can you wake Benji, por favor?" I peeked out the curtain of my lids to catch a sliver of light and Teo's golden ringlets taking in the morning glow. He was a precious sight for sure but what happened to my family not being early risers? I blame myself for spoiling them with the smell of food as a wake up call every day.