Diego Madrigal Character Sheet

Name: Diego Pedro Madrigal
Nicknames: D, Dash-Man, Príncipe & mi pequeño futuro (my little future)
Date of birth: Jan 7th 1950 / Capricorn
Birth Parents: Luna & Bruno Madrigal
Originally from: Encanto
Favorite color: Red

Gift: past time jumper / phasing, able to form a green aurora/mist to use as a portal to the past, he's only able to time skip to places in the past that he has a strong connection (familia tie) to, same as Luna and Bruno he can shift himself ahea...

Gift: past time jumper / phasing, able to form a green aurora/mist to use as a portal to the past, he's only able to time skip to places in the past that he has a strong connection (familia tie) to, same as Luna and Bruno he can shift himself ahead in a place by blinking and reappearing himself as long as it's within eyeshot

Additional special gift: shares a special bond with Benji (Luna and Bruno's adopted son) especially loves when he's in puma form

Appearance/Info: Diego is the biological son of Luna and Bruno, receiving his gift same as all Madrigal children at the age of 5. Although Bruno's family continue to live in their separate home Bruno built for them, they (Bruno, Diego and Lily) still have magical doors in Casita as a part of the family. Diego is the third son to Luna and Bruno.

Children in order of ages: Benji, Mateo, Diego, Lily

Luna describes Diego as a carbon copy of Bruno (to which he highly disagrees and never thought he looked that handsome in his teens), similar in appearance but Diego carries himself with more confidence and often imitates Benji's swagger and carefree stance, his long dark messy twists almost reach his shoulders (Bruno is constantly pushing his hair from his eyes and the motion is now a comfort device for Diego as well as the rest of his boys), a very relaxed and casual vibe, he's quiet goofy but handsome with a slightly leaner face, soft green eyes close to Bruno's but a shade lighter.

Since one of his visits to Pedro he was gifted his patchwork coat which he now wears, a tad oversized with the cuffs turned up, along with Abuela's golden locket that contains Pedro's photo (usually attached to his coat pocket or around his waist). Diego is the link to the past and keeps Pedro's spirit alive through nods to him throughout his style choices. The locket serves as a ritual device for Diego to focus his magic on when using his gift, just like Bruno he has slight tendencies to create habits that ground him, spinning the locket on its chain when he needs to use his energy. A pocket full of salt also helps ward off any bad vibes.

Diego and Lily have tasked themselves with keeping the peace within Encanto which includes learning from past mistakes and righting prior wrongs, with less judgment and more understanding for those considered outcasts.

One of his earliest visits to Pedro he had brought Abuela back one of Pedro's poems he had written for her (Mariposas by José Asunción Silva 1865-1896). After Lily received her gift they both traveled back to take Abuela to see Pedro one last time (Abuela having passed before Lily had gotten her gift, they needed both their combined magic to fuel this small miracle for her). Lily's gift of time reversal aged Abuela back to her youth for their visit.

Diego's symbol is the eternity/eight loop which he has embroidered on his jade ruana. "The ruana he wore was a jade color, with a large cream stripe down each side, within that sat very detailed embroidery, no doubt the handy work of Mirabel. A crescent moon, an hourglass, a puma, and the whirlpool that Mateo always drew. The last piece of embroidery clearly represented Diego. It was an infinity symbol. A figure eight, in gold."

Personality: Inherited Bruno's flair for the theatrical and dramatic flair, he always makes an entrance sometimes unintentionally even if it's a subtle one simply by his presence, very competitive due to his brother's playful nature of embracing their gifts (Diego will hug every "loser" in any game cause to him there are no losers in his book), he's quite the singer (taking after Luna) and loves joining Bruno and Benji when they play guitar, prank master level 10 along with Mateo, Pepa is still trying to win him over as his favorite (even though she already won that titled from Lily), he's extremely happy-go-lucky in nature and steals everyone's hearts with his charm, fiercely protective of the littlest in their crew/Lily, Benji still sings their song to him ('Brother by Kodaline'), Lily loves sneaking into Diego's room at night much to his regret, Diego often nabs Benji's sombrero vueltiao

Art by Kler Draws

--------------

Art by Alice from daliceus