Lily Madrigal Character Sheet

Name: Lily Estrella Madrigal
Nicknames: Lil, mi estrella, moonbeam & stardust
Date of birth: Sep 19th 1956 / Virgo
Birth Parents: Luna & Bruno Madrigal
Originally from: Encanto
Favorite color: Plum

Name: Lily Estrella MadrigalNicknames: Lil, mi estrella, moonbeam & stardust Date of birth: Sep 19th 1956 / Virgo Birth Parents: Luna & Bruno MadrigalOriginally from: EncantoFavorite color: Plum

Gift: time manipulation

Ability to affect the flow of time (by slowing, accelerating, reversing, or stopping it), astral projection on a full moon where she can visit the dreams of loved ones (rare ability and only shown/used once for Luna), dream-weaver (can help ease and settle subconscious thoughts in order to allow easier sleep, the family always thought she was given this extra ability to help Bruno but ends up using it on Maik the most

Strengthened by:

Moonlight (lilies grew everywhere the moonlight touched on the night of the eclipse, a result of Lily receiving her gift that night)

In a scene (chapter 'Astral') where Luna fell asleep while Bruno recited one of his poems to her, she dreamt of Lily, heard her voice and saw her form basking in the moonlight. On a full moon Lily can astral project and visit those closest to her in their dreams, which is what she did for Luna and why the chapter is actually titled Astral ;)

Bruno's poem had been written for Luna, dedicated to her original last name, Estrella but is also what they gave Lily as her middle name so this poem holds a double meaning for his two girls.

'Your light the sweetest constellation that swept across the midnight sky. Go and shine now mi estrella.'

Additional special gift: forms a unique bond with Maik (Benji's lost brother/tiger shifter) as she attempts to try and ease him back into social life, although he still prefers his solitude and Antonio's company over the townspeople, she often visits him with Ciro as a form of trauma therapy for Maik's past experiences

Appearance/Info & Personality: Lily is the biological daughter of Luna and Bruno, receiving her gift same as all Madrigal children at the age of 5. Although Bruno's family continue to live in their separate home Bruno built for them, they (Bruno, Diego and Lily) still have magical doors in Casita as a part of the family. Lily is the youngest and last child to Luna and Bruno, coming as quite the surprise to them.

Children in order of ages: Benji, Mateo, Diego, Lily

Bruno had prayed for Lily to hold all the things he loved about Luna in her and Lily is very much similar both in appearance and personality to Luna, for which Bruno gushes over daily. Lily has sandy brown wavy hair, almost waist length with a white/blonde bunch/strand of hair at the front that she got after receiving her gift (a result of the hex backfiring and the moon's energy saving her from that fate), Bruno calls it 'kissed by starlight', her middle name meaning 'star' and is Luna's original last night before marrying. Lily wears a deep plum (nod to Bruno's maroon) cloth tied around her waist where Abuela's pocket watch rests, the same fabric that Luna had bought years prior to Lily's birth and was used as a swaddle when she was a baby. Her style is described as creative, artsy, somewhat eccentric as she pairs odd bits of fabric and likes to wear sombrero's (possibly to fit in with her hermano's which she looks up to), bit of a tomboy even in a dress or skirt. Bruno had to learn to braid her hair cause she enjoys how he grumbles, mumbles and talks to himself while doing it. Her plum shoes have the crescent moon shape on them, which Mirabel stitched for her. (Lily's plum color is both a tie to Bruno's maroon and Abuela's ruby)

Growing up with older brothers Lily can hold her own and doesn't shy away from a challenge, although the boys spoil her rotten, allowing her to get away with murder when Luna and Bruno aren't home (they scream sing her song 'Queen by Hidden Citizens' to her and let her dance on the table when they're alone), Lily's eyes are a lighter shade of hazel (hazel being Luna's eye color) with starbursts of emerald hidden within. Pepa is one of Lily's favorite Tias and loves when Pepa makes it rain for her, the sound being calming to her (Pepa never gets upset that her rain soaks them since Lily can reverse the droplets back into the cloud if she wanted to).

Luna and Bruno's home is littered with nods to Lily prior to her even arriving in their lives or finding out about her existence. Lilies are what Bruno painted on Luna's wooden box that contained his love letters, poems and Luna's emerald necklace. Bruno also had white/cream lilies painted all over the outside of their home (pastel emerald window shutters and door). The mural on Luna and Bruno's ceiling in their bedroom is filled with lilies in the spiral, along with each of their names in their own handwriting.

Lily is the biggest snuggler in the family and hates sleeping alone, especially on nights when the moonlight is hidden behind clouds. Bruno takes his old 'bad' prophecy tablets and smashes them up, crushing them into tiny speckles and mixing this into paint, giving her room its own glowing starry sky for her. Lily loves it so much they later fill jars with the crushed glowing glass as an extra form of nightlight she can use when walking in the dark.

Mateo and Bruno take turns reading poems to her out of their journals. Her favorite is one Bruno wrote for Luna but its words took on a deeper meaning after Lily arrived, the same poem is the one Lily repeated to Luna in her dreams when she visited her.

Diego and Lily have tasked themselves with keeping the peace within Encanto which includes learning from past mistakes and righting prior wrongs, with less judgment and more understanding for those considered outcasts.

After Lily received her gift they both traveled back to take Abuela to see Pedro one last time (Abuela having passed before Lily had gotten her gift, they needed both their combined magic to fuel this small miracle for her). Lily's gift of time reversal aged Abuela back to her youth for their visit.

Lily's door in Casita is the only one that doesn't have her image on it, instead the glowing flecks form a crescent moon and tick through the phases when being used/opened. Her door is a gateway/time portal linking to their future and can be used by only Mirable (key to Casita and matriarch) or Lily (doors owner) to pass on vital information if needed or in the case of Abuela, visit her before her passing.

------------------

Art by Alice from daliceus