To Teach a Witch, You Should Probably be a Witch

(Y/n's POV)

"Witch."

I felt like I was being watched at every turn, no matter how many times I checked that Katsuki and I were alone. I could still hear the echoes of their whispers as Katsuki had carried me back to the Academy, grumbling about how if they ever touched me again they'd be losing their hands.

I curled up under the blankets, my mind racing with thoughts of my mother. Aizawa had said that my mother's name was Astrid, but I was sure her name had been Hiromi. As little time as Mako and I had been allowed with their mother, I wouldn't forget my own mother's name.

But the woman who had saved me... had clearly been my mother. I was in a state of denial. My mother wouldn't have lied to me like that. Would she?

Katsuki stroked my hair in an attempt to comfort me, and it was a valiant effort, but I was entirely overwhelmed. When the morning sun arose, I found myself still wide awake as Katsuki slept. I had tried to fall asleep, but thoughts of my mother plagued me. Not even the comfort of being in Katsuki's arms could stop them.

I didn't realize until I awoke, but I must have finally fallen asleep sometime in the early morning, because when I finally rose from my slumber, the afternoon sun hung high in the air and all signs of the usual morning fog had disappeared.

Katsuki had brought some food and was busy reading over the same history book I had read the other night, not realizing I was awake. I stood and ate quietly, not wanting to disturb him. However, three sharp knocks to our door pulled us both out of our separate trances, and Katsuki gasped at me.

"You're awake-"

"And someone is at the door." I rose and strode to the door, cracking it open just enough so that I could see who it was. 

The Guardian, All Might, stood tall at the door. "Ah, Miss L/n. I was hoping to-" I shut the door.

I walked to the back of the room and opened the window, and began to crawl onto the roof when Katsuki grabbed me by the waist and pulled me back inside. "What are you doing?!?" I stared at him for a while, searching his expression.

"Roof." I finally answered. He shot me an incredulous look, to which I sighed. "I do not want to see anyone besides you who knows about yesterday, thank you. I am exhausted and not in the mood to be poked or prodded anymore." I continued my attempt to escape through the window, but was met with my boyfriend's literal inhuman strength and a low growl.

"Listen, as much as I'd love to do the same, weren't you the one who was so desperate to go see your brother's wedding?" He muttered through clenched teeth, his eyes flicking to the ground as he spoke.

I looked at him for a while, then decided he was right. I sat on the windowsill and slid back inside, then walked to the door. I pulled open the door, revealing a rather frazzled All Might. "Am- am I interrupting something?"

"No." Katsuki and I said at the same time.

"Anyways, what did you want?" I said, trying to keep my tone polite, however my exhaustion with my current state of existence in general seeped through.

"Your training. You're going to need it if you want to be home on the full moon the day after tomorrow." All Might smiled. I blinked, gasping.

"That's the day after tomorrow?!?" I whirled around, things around me floating as my tension rose. "What am I going to do?!? Mako's gonna kill me! Who is that stupid girl anyways? Stupid brother. Do I even want to go anymore? But what if he doesn't want to see me?! What if I don't go and he thinks I died!?! Agh!" I said, throwing my hands to the ground. The objects that had been floating all slammed unceremoniously to the floor, some of the more fragile objects shattering.

All Might chuckled, glancing at Katsuki. "You're starting to sound like my apprentice." Katsuki's eye twitched, and another low growl escaped his lips.

"Fucking Deku."

"Well, Miss L/n? Shall we go now? I'm sure we can find something for Young Bakugou to do while we're gone."

"Wait he's/I'm not coming with us/you?" Katsuki and I asked at the same time. All Might frowned, like it was obvious.

"Witch magic is powerful stuff, Young L/n. It is best if we go alone." He said. I looked at Katsuki, who whimpered sadly. I hadn't been without him very much since I'd arrived here, and each time I had, it hadn't ended well. But I should trust All Might... after all, he is the Guardian. I'd assume he had to be at least somewhat worthy of that title 

We arrived in an open field not to much later. Through various failed attempts at showing me what to do with my magic, we'd determined my magic was stronger than he'd expected and that he knew next to nothing about how magic worked, so I mainly read about it in the Grimoire while All Might ranted about his apprentice, who studied at the Academy, and how magic was back in the "old times".

Finally, he asked me, "Young L/n, will you be leaving?"

"Yes." I said, not giving it too much thought.

"Ah. Well, if you ever happen to return, I'm sure the Academy would love to host you as a new student. Learning about the way your magic works would be a privileges, and hopefully we could use that knowledge to teach- erm... future generations of witches." He flushed a little at that last part.

I raised an eyebrow at him, wondering why he was flustered over "future generations of witches".

He cleared his throat and avoided my gaze as he explained. "Well, you see, witchblood is entirely genetic... a-and to, well, repopulate the amount of witches necessary to stabilize our world... well. Let's just say you- AND YOUR DESCENDANTS, OF COURSE! -need to have lots of children."

My face flushed hot as he said that. My mind flickered to Katsuki for a moment before I chucked the stick I had been attempting to enchant at All Might.

"Never speak of this again."

End of Chapter.