Chapter 8

A new friend?

Continuation to chapter 7

Y/N's POV:

"We won!" I called and Kukui said "lycanrock is unable to battle! The challenger wins!". Zoroark and golisopod nuzzled each other and Olivia said "thank you lycanrock for that amazing battle.". Olivia ran over and said "EEK! You both did so good!! You are such good Pokémon!" I laughed as the rest of my class laughed and Olivia said "hey Y/N! Since you beat me, you get a z crystal!" And she handed me a waterium-z. Golisopod screeched in happiness and my class ran over. "We can match!" Lana said pointing to popplio. "Tsareena." Mallows tsareena called to golisopod. I hugged them both and they hugged me back. I said goodbye to Olivia and we all went back to the rooms. Everyone was asleep and I was still outside making sure the z crystal was in my pocket. I looked up as I heard a Pokémon call "tapu-lele!~" it had a harmonious tone and soon I saw a Pokémon in the air. It was none other then the akala island guardian tapu-lele. It shed its scales as golisopod and zoroark called to it and it giggled looking down. I waved but still in shock it was there.

I went to sleep thinking about tapu-lele and my encounters with it. I muffled my excitement into my pillow and I then went to bed. I woke up and got ready before everyone. I headed outside onto one of akala's field to find where the professor was. I could tell he was awake because of how his bag was outside. I walked into the woods and heard the sounds of the island guardian and I ran towards it. I looked down and heard something that sounded like a child's noise. I kept running as the sounds got louder and louder. I stopped when it all went quiet, I couldn't even hear the noise of a grubbin digging. I looked around and heard a low bark. I walked towards it and found Lillie's big brother Gladion. I said "alola gladion! What are you doing so deep in akala?" Gladion jumped and he said "don't sneak up on people like that. I should be asking you the same." I sighed and said "long story short I saw tapu-Lele yesterday and I heard the calls of the Pokémon today and then I heard baby noises and now I'm here." Gladion sighed.

"Wait you found tapu-lele?!" Gladion said in disbelief and I nodded. Kommo-o and mimikyu were currently out and they were kind of talking to lycanrock but midnight form. I heard the baby noise again and I ran to the edge of the cliff. "What are you doing?!?" Gladion said and I squinted my eyes still hearing soft noises and I said "there's something down there! Kommo-o get me down there!". Gladion hopped on silvally and said "I'm coming with. If you end up dead it's not my fault." I rolled my eyes as kommo-o worked his way down there. I saw a purple shape that looked like a cloud. It made a soft noise like it was sleeping, mimikyu slowly crept over to it and picked it up with its pitch black arms. "Don't pick that up! What if it's dangerous!" Gladion said as I then touched it "it's sleeping.". Gladion rolled his eyes as kommo-o made it back up. "I should show this to lillie! She has a lot of books that might mention whatever this is!" I said and I walked off. When I got back people were looking for me and i ran.

"Where were you?!?" Kukui said as I huffed feeling tired. I opened a bag I had on me to reveal the strange Pokémon. "Whats that?" Sophocles said and Lillie said "I know what that is! It's known as a cosmog in books!" I looked up confused and said "a cosmog? Sounds sick.". The cosmog woke up and it yawned, i looked at it confused as to why it was here or what it even was. "Let's deal with this later. We need to get back." Kukui said and I looked over my shoulder noticing gladion. "Gladion? Have you come to say hi to cosmog?" I said and gladion rolled his eyes. "No of course not." Gladion said and I laughed as snowy nuzzled cosmog a bit, Marowak was throwing his bone in the air as togedemaru watched. "Don't be rude!" I protested and gladion said "Kukui told me to come along." And gladion boarded the private boat. I walked with zoroark as it kept looking at Nebby as it tried to bury itself in zoroarks hair. I laughed boarding the boat as we went back to Melemele island to where I could finally look at cosmog more closely.

Word count: 814 words