˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ ᴄʜ.4 ʀᴇɴᴀɪꜱꜱᴀɴᴄᴇ

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ❝ɴᴏ. ɴᴏᴛ ᴀᴛ ᴀʟʟ. ɪᴛ'ꜱ ᴘᴇʀꜰᴇᴄᴛ❞

˗ˏˋ °•*⁀➷♡ ~ The trio hopped out of a subway car, waiting for the space in front of them to clear

˗ˏˋ °•*⁀➷♡ ~ The trio hopped out of a subway car, waiting for the space in front of them to clear. Miles and Y/N had their arms linked, following behind the boy's Uncle.

"Hey, how did you know about this place?" Y/N became curious.

"Did an engineering job here once." Y/N loved Miles' Uncle, but she was a bit skeptical. All of the 'KEEP OUT' and 'WARNING' paraphernalia made it feel a lot less welcoming than she had previously anticipated. As they approached the floor-to-ceiling fence, the two unlinked their arms so that the other could climb over. Y/N quickly scaled the fence, giving the boy a wink. He playfully scoffed. After a short struggle to get over the fence, he managed to stumble on the other side, drawing the attention of his Uncle. As Miles looked at him in what can be described as a "deer-in-the-headlights look", he smiled pleasantly.

"Wassup?" He said with a giggle. The two others followed suit and started to laugh as well.

"Yeah man, I knew we were related." Aaron said between laughs. After a small trek, they had finally gotten to what looked like the side of an abandoned subway track.

"Woah..." The two teens said in unison. Y/N wiped the granola bar crumbs off of her face as she walked around the huge space. There were multiple empty walls, ready to be filled with art.

"BROOKLYN!" Miles yelled, listening to the echo with a face of pure delight. He softly ran his fingers across the cement walls taking in the graffiti, falling in love with the scenery.

"There's a lot of history on these walls." Uncle Aaron started to set down some tools and cans.

"This is so fresh." Miles breathes out. His Uncle then gestures to a wall that looks like it had already been freshly cleaned and prepped for spray painting. Miles smiled even wider in disbelief. The older man pulled a spray can from his bag, tossing it to Miles. He then turned on the radio, leaving the boy to work.

"Now, you're on your own Miles." As he got to work Y/N sat with Uncle Aaron, munching on a granola bar and sketching new tattoo designs. He slowly leaned over her shoulder, checking out her drawings. She smiled up at him, continuing to sketch.

"So..." He started. She replied with a sound of acknowledgment, which he took as a green light to continue.

"Miles." He simply stated. Her pink pen stopped for a second. She cleared her throat.

"What about him?" She lifted her gaze to look at the boy. He was too focused on painting to realize they were having a conversation.

"Why aren't you going together?" She started choking on her granola bar, desperately plunging into her bag to find the Monster she had packed. After she took a deep swig of the energy drink, she turned to Aaron with an embarrassed face.

"Would you believe me if I said I had no clue what you were talking about?" He made a knowing face, essentially telling her that he knew she was bullshitting.

"No? Alright." She sighed and put her art notebook down. She crossed her legs, putting her full attention into the conversation.

"Is it that obvious?" She smiles a bit. The older man puts a comforting arm around her shoulder.

"Yeah. A blind dude could see the way y'all treat each other." She playfully punched him in the side, to which he responded with mock hurt.

"Ow! Alright, alright, I'm just messing." He sighed, smiling at his own joke. After a few moments, he looked back at the girl. She was silently asking for his guidance.

"But Y/N. Just know that if you like him, you gotta tell him. Like I said, the men in our family got mad game, he's not gonna be available for too long." She laughed a little.

"That's a lot easier said than done, but I appreciate the advice."

"Anything for my second favorite kid." He noogied the top of her head, going over to the wall Miles was working on. She watched the two paint attentively. As they finished up the piece, she gasped in delight.

"Is it too crazy?"

"No. Not at all. It's perfect" He smiled sheepishly at her.

"No man. Miles I see exactly what you're doing here, man." Miles is beaming, happy that there are people who can see and comprehend his artistic vision.

"You know," Uncle Aaron sat back down next to me. "Me and your dad used to do this back in the day." He looked like he was reminiscing.

"Stop lying." Aaron burst out laughing.

"It's true. Then he took on the cop thing... and I don't know. He's a good guy, just... you know what I'm saying..." He was cut off by his phone vibrating. Suddenly a dark look crossed his face, making Y/N uneasy. Miles didn't seem to notice but she definitely did.

"All right, come on man. I gotta roll." He got up and stretched obviously trying to keep his cool.

"Okay, one sec though." Miles stays for a bit, prompting Y/N to stay behind with him. He took out his phone, trying to take a picture of his art. Before he could click the button, a spider appeared on his hand out of nowhere. It sunk its small fangs into him, making him jump a bit before smacking it off of his hand. Y/N got a quick flashback. She remembered being bitten by a spider during her Summer internship at Alchemax. She never would have expected that the hot flashes, headaches, and growth spurts would lead to gaining superpowers. The sound of Miles picking up his bag brought her back to reality.

"You good? You looked out of it for a second there." He linked arms with her, starting to walk her out of the large space.

"Yeah! I'm fine, I just spaced." She said, staring at the dead arachnid.

A/N - The story finally starts to pick up in the next chapter, I can't wait to write it :))