˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ ᴄʜ.8 ᴇɴᴛᴇʀ ᴘᴇᴛᴇʀ ʙ ᴘᴀʀᴋᴇʀ

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ❝ɪ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴅᴏ ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ.❞

˗ˏˋ °•*⁀➷♡- Her time to mourn was short-lived

˗ˏˋ °•*⁀➷♡- Her time to mourn was short-lived. As she cried over him, she heard the loud 'clunk!' of a metal beam. It had come from the direction Miles was hiding in.

"What was that?" Kingpin asked, his voice dripping with venom. As his eyes pan over to Miles, Y/N presses a final kiss on Peter's head.

"I'll avenge you. I'll avenge you even if it's the last fucking thing I do." She leaped into action, whisking Miles away.

"Kill them. Kill them both." Prowler leaps into action as well, following Kingpin's commands like a lapdog.

"Miles, as soon as I set you down, run as fast as you can, okay?" He nodded. She set him down and he did as he was told, running like his life depended on it. Which was appropriate, because in this particular moment it did. As the Prowler tried to take off after Miles, blue flames erupted in front of him, surprising him for a split second. Y/N did her best to web his eyes and hands before swinging to catch up with the other teen. They both raced down the tunnel, the Prowler only about a hundred feet behind them. As the fence appeared, the duo hopped it with ease.

"You've gotta be kidding me." The aggressively bright lights of a train started to tail on them. As Y/N stuck to the top of the wall, Miles followed suit, successfully dodging the train. The Prowler was only a meter or so behind them now, making this an even more dire situation. As she leaped off of the wall and flipped to safety, Miles was still stuck.

"C'mon, Miles not now!" When she turned she was face to face with the Prowler. She shot flaming bullets at him, making him wince for only a moment. When the boy had finally stopped sticking, she immediately grabbed him, swinging him onto the subway platform.

"Stand clear of closing doors please." The two somehow scrambled onto the city streets and hid in the crowd. As the Prowler whizzed past them on his bike, a sigh of relief left them.

𓆩♡𓆪

The two climbed through the window of Miles' room. By this point, Y/N had changed into her civilian clothes again. She had also patched herself up, so there were a few small bandages on her face.

All of a sudden, she collapsed. She couldn't stay strong anymore. After almost letting her friend fall to his death, getting beat to a pulp, and watching her uncle get murdered in cold blood, she couldn't take anymore. She sobbed on the ground with her head in her hands. As Miles crouched down to meet her, the door to his room burst open.

"Police! Put your hands up!.. Miles? Y/N? Why aren't you at school?" The two look up at him. Miles runs to his dad, holding onto him for dear life. His mother knelt to Y/N on the floor, lifting her head and wiping her tears.

"Que te pasa? Was it the earthquake?" This just causes Y/N to sob more, prompting Miles' parents to look at him for answers.

"Can we... Can we sleep here tonight?"

"Miles it's a weeknight. You two made a commitment to that school-" Rio slaps his shoulder.

"Jeff, can't you see that they're upset? She's sobbing onto the carpet." His face softened and he sighed.

"Of course, you can." Miles sits down on his bed, pulling Y/N off of the floor to sit next to him. She leaned onto him, not having the strength to support her weight.

"Dad, do you really hate Spider-Man?" Jeff pushed out an intelligible answer, a jumble of disapproving words. As his parents left the room, the two sat in uncomfortable silence.

"He's gone Miles. He's really gone." She croaks out, still hiding her face behind her hands. She laid down on the inner part of his bed, closest to the wall of his room.

"How am I gonna tell mom? Aunt May? I couldn't- I can't-" He laid down with her, stroking her hair while she rambled into his chest. As she eventually fell asleep, he took out the key Peter had given him. He stared at it for a moment before putting it back and lulling himself to sleep.

The day that followed was a blur. As she stood on the podium next to her great aunt May, her mind was blank. She felt numb to anything and everything around her.

"My husband Peter Parker was an ordinary person. He always said it could have been anyone behind the mask. He was just the kid who happened to get bit. He didn't ask for his powers. But he chose to be Spider-Man." In the crowd she saw Miles, wearing a store-bought spider costume. She smiled softly for a moment.

"My favorite thing about Peter is that he made us each feel powerful. We all have powers of one kind or another. But in our own way, we are all Spider-man. And we're all counting on you." MJ backs away from the microphone, letting Aunt May comfort her. As she did, reporters stormed to the front, hoping to get a scoop from Flare. Before they could get to her, she swung away, sniffling under her mask. As she sat on top of the building, she tore her mask off of her head.

"What am I supposed to do without you? You were like the shining embodiment of hope, and what am I?" She said, staring into the eyes of her mask.

"...A teenage moron talking to a mask. Ugh." She breathed in the cold September air, shivering under her thin suit.

"I...I can't do this alone. I really wish you were still here." She curled into herself, letting her head rest on her knees.

"...Y/N?" She turned.

"Miles? What are you doing up here?" He turns to the exit, then back to her.

"I was... I was gonna jump the roof? Like parkour?" She was silent. Miles started to rub his hands together awkwardly until she let out a chuckle.

"Well I'm glad I was here to stop you from making that horrible decision." She stood up on the ledge, dusting off her hands. She walked over to the stairs and headed back down to the first floor. He followed. She could tell he was disappointed in himself for not making the jump.

"Why don't we take a walk instead? Clear your mind a bit."

"That would be nice." It was night now, their footsteps making crunchy sounds in the snow. As the two approached the graveyard, Y/N took something out of her pocket. A small handmade keychain that she had planned to give Peter on his birthday. It was a chibi version of their two masks making smiling faces. When they finally got to his grave, Y/N gently placed the keychain on the left of his tombstone, leaving it to hang off the side. The two stood, Miles quietly whispering to himself with his hands in his pockets.

"Hey! Kid-" Y/N froze. A dark figure loomed above them from behind.

'It can't be.' She thought. In a panic, Miles whipped his head around, throwing his hands in the air. A powerful electric pulse left his hands, sending the figure flying. Webbing flies from the dark figure's wrists, yanking him forward as well. When Y/N ran over to check out what was happening, she covered her mouth in disbelief.

"P-Peter?"