˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ ᴄʜ. 14 ʜᴏᴡ ᴍᴀɴʏ ꜱᴘɪᴅᴇʀꜱ ᴅᴏᴇꜱ ɪᴛ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴛᴏ ꜱᴀᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ?

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚❝ᴘᴇᴛᴇʀ ᴘᴏʀᴋᴇʀ? ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ, ᴛʜɪꜱ ɪꜱ ꜱᴛᴀʀᴛɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ꜰᴇᴇʟ ᴀ ʙɪᴛ ᴅɪꜱʀᴇꜱᴘᴇᴄᴛꜰᴜʟ.❞

˗ˏˋ °•*⁀➷♡ ~ "It's Gwen, actually

˗ˏˋ °•*⁀➷♡ ~ "It's Gwen, actually." She says, looking at Miles in an almost accusatory manner.

"You know each other?" Y/N asked, looking the girl up and down.

"Oh, he knows her? Very cool."

"I'm from another dimension. I mean, another, another dimension."

"Alright, I guess this is the universe telling me meeting dimension hopping spiders is gonna be my new norm for a while." Y/N unmasks, brushing herself off and walking up to Gwen. She put a kind hand out toward the girl and weakly smiled.

"My name is Y/N. It'll be nice to have another girl on the team."Gwen politely took her hand, shaking it firmly.

"I like your haircut." Miles nervously pipes up.

"You don't get to like my haircut." Suddenly, the sound of gunshots tears through the forest like a massive set of claws. The grad students had finally caught up with them. Gwen fires her web-shooter and starts to swing away, gesturing for the other three spiders to follow. Peter and Y/N follow with Miles clumsily trailing after.

"How many more spider people are there?" Miles rhetorically asks.

"Save it for comic-con!" Peter responds.

"What's Comic-Con?" More bullets tore through the air, making them hurry to the nearest bus station.

𓆩♡𓆪

The bus ride was surprisingly tranquil. The scenery outside had caused Peter to fall asleep, leaving the three teens awake to enjoy it. Shortly before the ride, Miles had suggested before the ride for Y/N to sit in the back with Peter. He explained that he wanted to patch some things up with Gwen. This was true, but Y/N knew he wanted her to spend more one on one time with the older man. She still couldn't fully tell if seeing him alive and well made the grief process more manageable, but she knew she felt more at ease with him around. So as Gwen and Miles sat a few seats ahead of them, Y/N sat at the very back with Pete.

"What the hell is wrong with me?" She whispered. Instead of talking to the man like she had originally planned, she was curled up into the side of the bus seat with her knees pulled to her chest. He was snoring loudly beside her, occasionally sniffling and making that weird gurgling sound old people make when they sleep with their heads tilted back. Every time she looked at him, she noticed the small similarities between her Uncle and this Peter. She thought back to a moment during her training; back to when things were brighter.

"I don't know if I can do this Pete." She whimpered out. She was teetering off of the edge of a tall building, looking down at the people below. She felt seasick as her body swayed back and forth. She felt two strong hands wrap around her arms, caging her in a fatherly embrace.