˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ ᴄʜ. 13 ɢʜᴏꜱᴛ ꜱᴘɪᴅᴇʀ

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ❝ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ ꜱᴘɪᴅᴇʀ-ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ꜰᴀɪʟɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ꜱɴᴇᴀᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴀ ᴄᴏʟʟᴇɢᴇ ʟᴜɴᴄʜʀᴏᴏᴍ; ᴛʜɪꜱ ɪꜱ ʟɪᴛᴇʀᴀʟʟʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏᴍᴘʟᴇᴛᴇ ᴏᴘᴘᴏꜱɪᴛᴇ ᴏꜰ 'ᴀᴄᴛɪɴɢ ɴᴏʀᴍᴀʟ'.❞

˗ˏˋ °•*⁀➷♡ ~ "I should have done more cardio!" Flare yelled as Miles ran next to her down the hallway

˗ˏˋ °•*⁀➷♡ ~ "I should have done more cardio!" Flare yelled as Miles ran next to her down the hallway. She was holding the clunky monitor in a tight under-arm grip as they ran for their lives. From the outer part of the hall, they can see Peter being slammed against the walls of the lab they exited only seconds ago. Miles was flashing between being visible and invisible like a human strobe light and Y/N was hastily trying to pat off different little fires on her body as she ran. She looked back to check on Miles before falling to the ground; hard.

"Ouch..." The blonde intern groaned, holding her head in pain. Flare put her hand out for the girl to take, ushering her up.

"Sorry! So sorry!" The spider kept running with urgency as the girl blushed, pushing her hair behind her ear in awe. Miles slowed down for a second to look at the girl before following behind his friend once again. Suddenly, Peter smashes through the wall of one of the offices and lands in the hallway. Peter groggily started to run next to them, catching up slowly. Flare held up the monitor as Miles held up the computer itself.

"So good news, we don't need the monitor." Peter grabs it from the girl's hands, throwing it in a random direction.  Knowing they have what they needed, Peter and Y/N went to swing out of the window, only to be stopped by the metallic silhouette of Doc Ock. She had emerged from the rubble of what used to be her office, and now she was towering over the poor Spiders.

"Peter! You didn't tell me you had an invisible friend. Could you give me that back, young man?" She condescendingly asked Miles.

"Peter- Y/N-!" Miles called out as she inched closer to him, closing in the space.

"It's proprietary." Ock continued. Before she could reach him, Flare made a spotty ring of fire around Ock, surprising her long enough for Pete to swing Miles out of the door. She flung herself out of the window as well, spiraling her body before webbing the door shut in Doc Ock's face. As her body hit the tiles, she let out a loud groan.

"Remind me to never do that again." She tiredly peeled herself off of the floor, brushing off her suit. As the three of them got up and looked around, they found themselves facing a group of grad students. There is a beat of silence within the group as they evaluated their situation.

"...Wow. This'd be a good time to turn invisible." He looks over at Miles expectantly.

"Yep." The boy replied

"Ok, not going to turn invisible." Spider-Man saunters towards a nearby buffet table, ushering the younger kids with him.

"Selecting a bagel... act super normal..." As he says this, he starts to sashay down the lunchroom walkway with an uncomfortable trot to his step.

"Were three spider-people failing to sneak through a college lunchroom; this is literally the complete opposite of acting normal." Y/N whispers. As Peter walks, the kids follow close behind, attracting the attention of the seemingly harmless grad students.

"Spider-Man?" A student chimes.

"You know that's- that's funny, I get that a lot."

"Now we do a switchy-switchy." Peter quickly trades the monitor for the bagel, letting Y/N take the lead. She takes the lookout role again, noticing all the students start reaching for something.

"Oh, shit- guys we might wanna speed this up." The students suddenly pull heavy weaponry from their bags and aim them at the spiders. The three of them started to run, the students chasing after them at an abnormal speed. As they ran, Peter gave Miles one of his web-shooters to use. He struggles to put it on, stumbling over the debris and rubble from the weapons.

"Alright, time to swing just like I taught you!" Peter exclaims.

"When did you teach me that?"

"I didn't! It's a little joke for team building!" Y/N was back to running behind the two at this point, being tired from the earlier attack she was lagging. When they finally got to the ledge they had to swing from, Miles was stuck; frozen in place from fear. He had never actually swung before and to be frank he didn't want to fall on his face and die.

"Alright, you ready?" Peter yelled as he flung himself to a nearby branch.

"Of course I'm not ready!" As Peter swung from branch to branch flawlessly, Miles was a disaster, twisting and tangling himself in the webs.

"C'mon c'mon!" He misses a branch and instead falls onto the ground, quickly being found by the guards.

"Aim with your hips!" Peter yells back once again.

"Woah hold on, I gotcha-" Y/N went to grab Miles and hoist him onto a branch. Once they were stable, she turned to him hastily.

"Look, we don't have much time since we're literally being shot at, but try to find a rhythm with the whole 'thwip and release' thing." She then helped him up, hinting at his web shooter. When he shot out a quick web, she did the same, showing him her technique. As they swung together, he was still fumbling, but he was getting much better.

"I'm doing it!" He yells excitedly. The duo eventually caught up with Pete, who was just as excited.

"Good, you're doing it! So proud sport, now double tap to release and thwip it out again. Thwip and-"  The three of them were synchronized like a small spider family. They had completely forgotten that they were being shot at by a full classroom of science nerds.

"Okay. Thwip-"

"--And release. And thwip-"

"Thwip-"

"You're a natural Miles." The three of them grinned widely as they swung together.

"I gotta say, you're amazing, man!" Miles looked at Pete in admiration.

"We're a little team. Me as the teacher who can still do it; Miles as the student who can do it, just not as good; and Y/N as the kind of teacher, kind of student with a lot of inner turmoil. I'm proud of us! Is there something you want to say to me?" Just then, Peter glitches, falling onto a nearby branch. This messes up Miles' rhythm, causing him to fall as well.

"Guys!" Y/N swings down, trying to catch the falling computer but she misses, falling onto the rest of her team. Doc Ock grabbed it mid-air, making the team let out an exasperated groan. When all hope seems lost a pink and black blur flies across their field of vision.

"What was that?" Miles let out.

"Who did that?" In mid-air, a mysterious girl in a hoodie and ballet flats dispatches Doc Ock while webbing the trio to safety. As she unmasked, they all make confused faces.

"Gwanda?"

"Hey guys."  She poses curtly.

A/N - Sorry this update took so long! I'll try to get back on my weekly schedule :')