Chapter 2

"Ngh...mom?"
"Oh! You're awake! How are you feeling?"
"I'm feeling fine...I guess. What happened?"
"Oh! You got into an accident and got into a coma!"
"WHAT?!"

"Yep! How are you feeling now?"
"Fine...But. I can't....feel...my legs! Mom! I can't feel my legs!"
"I know. I know. It's just temporary. Let the doctor come and explain everything."
"Ahh, I see you're awake Ms. Dupain-Cheng. How are you feeling?"
"I'm fine. But I can't feel my legs!"
"Marinette!"
"It's alright. I could understand she was frustrated. You injured your spinal cord. Leading to you losing the feels in your legs. You are going to have to get physical therapy to learn to walk again."
"Alright. Ok! So I could still go to UCLA."
"Unfortunately not. Learning to walk again will take months. Then after that, you will have to learn gymnastics again. You will have to take it easy. You damaged your spinal cord. You're lucky you aren't paralyzed."
"W-what! No! I-I have to go to UCLA!"
"Marinette."
"No!"
My mom sighed and she left the room with the doctor to talk more. I felt the tears stinging my eyes. I worked so hard to get to the top and now......I'm going down.

"Hey there! My name is Samantha! I will be your physical therapist!"
"Oh. Hi. I'm Marinette. Aren't you....a bit too young?"
"Yep! I'm 17. I'm in training! But don't worry! I'll take care of you and get you walking in no time!"
"Alright then. It's nice to meet you!" I gave her a smile.
"Alright. Let's go. I'm going to put you in this wheelchair and take you to the workout room."
She helped me in a wheelchair and rolled me through the halls, into an elevator, and through another hall, and into a room filled with equipment and other patients. 
She pushed me to the other side of the room next to a bar. It had two bars next to each other with a gap in between. 
"Let's get to work!"
For the next few hours, we've been trying to get my balance. She pushed me to the beginning of the bars and helped me stand. I grabbed the two bars in my hands tightly and tried standing still. I was shaking and couldn't feel my legs that well still. I sat myself down in the wheelchair and groaned.
"I can't do this!"
"Come on Marinette! You can do this! You can't give up!"
"It's too difficult!" The next thing I felt was a hard hit behind my head. 
"Owww! What was that for Samantha!?"
"You are not giving up! C'mon! One more time!"
She gave me a determined look which made me give her a look back. I looked to the bars and glared at them then stood up on shaky legs and grabbed the bars and tried.
"I'm not giving up!"