Chapter 6.1

"Ooo, your hair looks so fancy and soft!" Hilde gasps as I enter the carriage.

Last night, while Roy and Hilde had fallen asleep, I went ahead and used the razor to lighten up my hair and tidy up my bangs. When I had entered the bathroom, I was quite shocked to find that my black hair had turned to white. I wasn't sure what was the cause of the sudden hair color change, but I wasn't really complaining all too much, I didn't look half bad.

It wasn't perfect since I had no wax to style them, but it still looked much better than what I had going on at the start of my life here in Spirinall.

"Oh wow, now that I look at it closely, you look almost completely different," Roy mentions as he helps Liz onto the carriage.

Wouldn't you notice it from afar if I looked completely different?

"Really? I noticed this morning during breakfast." Liz casually says as she ruffles my hair and sits next to me.

I find myself subconsciously leaning towards her hand.

Liz giggles, "What are you? A cat?"

"S-sorry, it's a force of habit." I blush.

"Alright everyone, get comfortable, Eskal is on the southern side of Spirinall." Isabel calls out to us from the front of the carriage, "Thankfully, we're not too far from there right now, it'll probably take us a couple of days to get there.

After a couple more equipment and potions checks conducted by Roy, we began our travel for Eskal.

I began making a single braid along with my hair and breathed in the air as I took in the view. Completely different from the fantasy town scenery, the familiar sight of grassy plains, flower beds, and hills stretched far into the distance as our carriage rides along a dirt path.

The ride goes on for a full day, and darkness begins to creep into the sky. Hilde and Liz had fallen asleep already while Roy decided to keep watch. With the carriage still moving, I decided that I would accompany Isabel.

After all, we have been traveling for nearly a whole day, she must feel a bit lonely.

I make my way to the front of the carriage and find that the horses were being held by Isabel, who had fallen asleep...

"Oh shit!" I curse.

Although I've never ridden a horse before, I quickly grab onto the reins and sit down next to Isabel, careful not to wake her up. I sigh with relief as I regain some control over the horses who thankfully haven't veered off course.

I stare at the beautiful night sky and the two moons. Compared to Earth, the nights are slightly brighter here, but that's natural considering there are two moons in the sky. I silently laugh to myself as I imagine the reactions of my classmates if they ever woke up to find two moons in the sky.

A couple of seconds later, I feel a weight on my shoulder.

I look over to find Isabel had slumped over and laid her head on my shoulder. My face burns as the closeness provide me with a view that reminds me once again that Isabel is actually a really beautiful girl.

If only she wasn't so angry most of the time... Her relaxed face looks so peaceful.

I get a slightly warm feeling as I decide to keep Isabel's head on my shoulder. I shake my head and focus on making sure that the horses stay on the path. Not that I actually knew what I was doing, of course.

"Roy?" Isabel softly yawns.

"Wrong, I'm much tinier compared to Roy."

"R-Rin!"