Chapter 6.3

"Isabel! Rin is a genius on the battlefield!" Roy exclaims as we catch up with the exhausted-looking group of Isabel, Hilde, and Liz.

Roy and I had arrived at the beautiful marble castle gates before Isabel, but since Isabel hadn't shown up at the castle yet, we had to wait at the front of the giant marble castle for Isabel to arrive and explain to the guards that Roy and I were part of her party.

"I'm sorry Roy, but I'm extremely tired right now. Can we talk about our days during dinner?" Isabel pleads as she drags her feet past a royal guard.

"Lady Isabel! Allow me to show you to your rooms." A royal guard worriedly exclaims as he supports Isabel with an arm.

I watch over Liz and Hilde who had dead expressions on their faces.

Hilde without energy? That's brand new.

"What happened?" I asked the exhausted pair as Roy supports Liz.

"We were lectured by an old 'expert' on battle tactics, but Isabel refused to listen to his section on defense and started an argument with the old Elf." Liz whispers, "They got into a battle and he just defended all of Isabel's attacks with ease. Eventually, Hilde and I got brought into the battle as her Spirits, but that old Elf was such a high level, it made no sense!"

"Isabel kept ordering a rematch until she ran out of MP and collapsed." Hilde says as he uses my body for support, "That girl has too much MP, we pretty much battled that Elf all day without a break."

Ah, that's why they're this exhausted even though Roy and I had been sparing all day as well. They probably didn't have liquid armor or break rooms.

I sighed as I followed a guard who showed Hilde to his room, once inside, Hilde collapsed onto the bed like a bag of bricks.

After a couple more minutes of walking, I thank the guard as he directs me to my room in the castle.

"Castle rooms are on a whole other level huh?" I whisper under my breath as I walk around my marble-filled castle room.

The room had marble walls and flooring and was about as large as an expensive apartment. However, as every person should when examining a new place, I check out my bathroom.

I whistle as I enter the expensive-looking bathroom. Then again, the whole room in general was expensive looking. However, my eyes light up and my heart starts pumping fast as a piece of certain bathroom equipment catches my eye.

"A bathtub!" I exclaim in joy.

I quickly remove my clothes as I prepare a warm bath for myself. I sink my body into the warm water and I feel all the strain from battling the whole day escape my body, the soothing atmosphere causing me to sink deeper into the bathtub. I close my eyes and feel my consciousness grow weaker.

Soon enough, I fall asleep in the bathtub.

I regain consciousness after who knows how long, and although I was awake, I didn't want to open my eyes.

Suddenly, I hear someone humming a soft tune. I couldn't recognize the song, but the tune was oddly relaxing...

Wait, someone is in my room!?

I quickly stand up and jump out of the bathtub. The humming stops.

"W-who's there!" A voice outside the bathroom asks.

"I should be asking you that!" I answer back as I cover myself in a bathrobe and summon my shield.

"Don't play dumb with me! You're in my room!"