Chapter Twelve

Love, Y/n. Love.

"Are you okay?" You heard a voice echo.

"Hm?" You looked up, seeing Stephen already
analysing you. He had changed into other clothes by now. Gray T-shirt, black jacket and black pants. "Oh, yes," you responded quickly.

"You barely touched your food." He glanced at the plate in front of you.

"I'm just in my thoughts."

"Nothing bad I hope. Nothing that will prevent you from eating, right? Or is the food that bad?"

"No! It's delicious, really."

"I'm glad..." He brought his elbows on the table and looked at you with his blue eyes. "So eat up. I want you to be eating enough."

You set your thoughts aside and continued eating and with each bite you took, Stephen seemed to look more and more pleased. When you had put the last bit of your food in your mouth and swallowed it, you leaned your back on the chair, happy and full. His food was very nice.

Stephen looked you up and down with a smile. "Finished?"

"Mhh hmm," you nodded.

"Good girl."

There it was again. The butterflies, flying, spinning, turning around in your stomach. Even with food in, it couldn't be stopped.

Stephen snapped with one finger and the plates, forks, and knives went into the dishwasher. Then he stood up -you noticed him wince when he did- and went adjusting the program of the machine.

When it was starting to make sounds he turned around. "I would like to take a look at the bandages if you don't mind."

Before going down for dinner you had finally been able to put on some pants and now you would have take them off again. Before him. But for him it was probably nothing. He was used to it. He was a doctor. And you should be used to it too. It wasn't like you hadn't been walking around all day only with an oversized t-shirt. But... still.

Stephen seemed to understand your silence and turned around, facing the kitchen again. "Tell me when you're ready."

It was such a simple gesture but it was everything it needed to make you blush harder. He was so gentle and respected your boundaries. He always asked for permission. He was caring and so respectful all together. How was this man not able to get a girlfriend like everyone? He... He... Your stomach was on the verge of exploding -you felt-.

"Can I turn around?"

"Ehm."

Right. The pants.

"Wait. Not yet."

You lifted yourself slightly from your chair, giving you the possibility to remove the pants and slip them down your legs.

You took a look at the bandages before calling him: "You can turn around."

He did. And you waited patiently on your chair. He kneeled down in front of you and put a hand on your knee. He looked at the bandages and lifted them a bit to see if underneath was everything okay, all while making circles on your knee with his thumb. You weren't sure if it was on purpose, to calm you down, or if it was just a reflex of him.

Your gaze went from his hand that was on your knee to his face which was highly concentrated. His lips took all your attention when he wetted them with his tongue and bit them. He could be very mesmerizing when he was concentrating.

"It's already healing. It won't even leave scars behind." Not that it would matter. His thumb stopped doing circles and you noticed him looking at you. "Are you okay?"