Chapter 19

A/n: Getting into a little bit of conflict now, teehee! What's the main character going to do?!1?!?

I walk back into the room casually.
Hinata looks confused. "Why'd you yell at Sakura?" She asks.
"Uhhhhhhhhh no reason, just saying goodbye, anyways..."
But Hinata doesn't even seem to care much. Now that I think about it, Hinata does seem kind of depressed!
I sit casually at the table. "So Hinata... um, how're you doing?"
She shrugs. "Fine, why?"
"Well... you seem kind of... sad lately."
Hinata sighs. "Is it really that obvious?"
"Sort of."
"Well... I'm having guy problems." She admits.
I think of Sasuke, and Naruto. "Me too."
She looks very confused, and I realize she meant in a romantic way. "OH! You mean... guy problems like you like a guy."
She nods. "Yeah. I think it's pretty obvious who."
I nod. I've seen the way she looks at Naruto, we are besties after all.
"Well, Naruto has a boyfriend now." She says in a depressed voice.
"Oh, I see." I think of what a great pair her and Naruto could be. Maybe they'd have kids one day. Naruto would probably name his kid Boruto or something, knowing him. Nah, that's stupid.
"Well, Naruto and Sasuke probably aren't going to last."
Hinata looks up, her eyes wide. "Really? How do you know?"
"Well Sasuke's kind of in love with-" I stop myself. "...Someone else."
Hinata jumps up. "Who?! C'mon Y/n, you have to tell me so I can get Sasuke to love them, so Naruto senpai might finally notice me!"
I look down at my hands awkwardly. "Um, pretend I didn't say anything actually, it's uh, just a rumour I heard-"
"Even just a rumour is enough for me!" She begs. "If Sasuke even has a hint of feelings for someone else, I can make him see sense, I can show him that they're better for him than Naruto!"
I look up at her. "Hinata, there's sort of a problem with that. It's me. Sasuke is in love with me."
Hinata looks me up and down. "Really? I'm just... surprised? You don't really... seem like his type. And you hate him, right?"
I nod. "Yeah. So you're gonna have to change your plan to make him fall in love, because sorry, but I hate Sasuke's guts."
Hinata looks like she is in despair. I gave her hope just to crush it. "Are you sure you can't just date him for a little bit? It doesn't have to be real, just until he breaks up with Naruto!"
I shake my head. "Hinata, I would kill him before I dated him. I'm sorry, but I can't do it."
Hinata shrugs. "That could work. I mean, uh, murder is wrong and I would never even consider it!" She smiles and whispers something that sounds an awful lot like. "Nailed it." Before she looks back up to me.
"Well, as concerning as that was, I have things to do Hinata, and you agreed to go to Sakura's training."
Hinata gets up. "Yeah, I know. Just, consider what I said, please? I love Naruto, and Sasuke doesn't even love him! I'm what's right for Naruto, whether he knows it or not." She gets up. "Anyways, thanks Y/n." Her voice is soft and shy again. "See you around, okay?"
She leaves, and I'm now left alone to think on what she asked me to do. Could I really pretend to date the baka idiot Sasuke? I would hate it... right?
I then remember what I promised Naruto earlier, after he'd been making out with Sasuke at my house. I promised to stay away from Sasuke, and now Hinata wants me to date him. This isn't gonna go well, huh.
I think it's time to decide what side to choose, and I can't date Sasuke. I've decided. I will be the most vile, repulsive, and disgusting person Sasuke has ever met. I will make him wish Itachi killed him along with his entire clan.
I'm happy with what I've decided, this is the right choice. I'm sure Naruto will be happy.
I get out of my pyjamas and get dressed, I need to check if we have any more missions, though I don't know if they'll let me back into the field yet.
Maybe I'll just do some training. Either way, I step outside, but am interrupted before I can decide where to go. Sasuke is directly outside my door, he must have been about to knock.
"Oh, h-hi Y/n!" He says blushily.
I brush past him without any acknowledgment, but Sasuke just trots after me like a lost puppy. "Are you doing okay? I would have checked on you earlier, but I wanted to give you some time for yourself."
"Not enough, clearly." I mumble.
Sasuke tries to get me to talk again. "I'm sorry I wasn't there when Lee-"
If he wanted a reaction from me, he's got it now. I was going to try to ignore him, but he's just not going to stop trying, so I'll have to take drastic measures. Also, it's his fault, really, for talking about Lee. I whip around so suddenly he bumps into me a little. "What the fuck would you know about Lee, huh? What, you think if you were there you could've saved the day? Been a great cool hero?" I don't mean to pour so much real emotion into what I'm saying, but I do anyway, and I don't care at this point. "News flash Sasuke, not everyone gets to be a hero!" I scream at him, and I realise that without meaning to my feral form has almost slipped out.
He looks hurt. "I wasn't trying to-"
"No, of course you weren't." I say sarcastically. "Just leave. Me. Alone. Okay? Or I will become your worst nightmare." I turn on my heel and walk away sassily.
This time, Sasuke doesn't follow me. However, I'm not done with encounters, as someone else runs up to me, it's Hinata, she must have been watching.
"What are you doing?!" She half yells, half keeps her quiet voice, which sounds very strange and breathy.
"What do you mean?" I ask casually, continuing to watch.
I can feel Hinata glaring at me. "What the hell! You couldn't even try to be friendly with him?!"
"No, Hinata, Sasuke fucking sucks, and his brother killed my family, so no, I'm not dating him."
"Oh come on! Sasuke had nothing to do with that, and you know it!"
I stop walking and turn to face her. "Listen. Hinata. I don't care if you want to make sweet love to Naruto, or anyone else in the village, in fact. But leave me out of it. I'm not dating that bitch, and you can't convince me, so give up, and find something else to do with your life."
It looks like Hinata can't decide whether to stab me or cry, maybe both, and not necessarily in that order. She pouts. "FINE! No, that's just great, just think only of yourself, like usual. I should've known." She stalks off.
"THINK ONLY OF MYSELF? ARE YOU SERIOUS, HINATA?!" She just keeps walking away as I scream after her. "SCREW YOU!" It doesn't help to yell at her, but I do it anyway. We were almost friends today, too. I kick the dirt angrily. This sucks.
Now in a foul mood, I stalk off towards the hokage residence. Frick Sasuke, and Hinata for that matter. They suck and I don't need them.