Chapter 6

A/N: Thanks for all the support on the fic, please don't forget to vote if you like it! Also I'm trying to normalize my posting times, so it should be around 11am(est), or 8am(pst), with chapters released on both tuesday and friday. Thank you, and enjoy the read! :3

The next day, I wake up and remember the events of yesterday. Tears fall from my eyes as I get up and brush my teeth, and clean up some of the mess I made last night.
"I'm so tiiiiired." I groan to Akamaru as I make some breakfast, which is raw meat for both of us, along with a small carton of milk. "Chug chug." I say as I drink all of the milk, trying to forget what I saw yesterday.
Akamaru looks up at me disapprovingly.
"Oh don't look at me like that. You know milk is my comfort food! I have to chug it when I'm sad!"
If the dog could sigh, he would have.
"Come on, let's get going. We get assigned missions today... and I have to ask Naruto just what the fuck I saw yesterday!!!!"
I throw on my usual ninja outfit, tying my headband tightly on my forehead. "At least even if I have to deal with this shit, I still look hot." I say as I size myself up in the mirror by the door.
I head out, with Akamaru by my side. I try to bleach the images from my eyes, but I cannot. I am so preoccupied with my thoughts that I bump into someone.
"Shit! Sorry!" I yelp, and look up to see who it is. I quickly see that it's Rock Lee, with his green jumpsuit and bowl cut hair.
"Don't sweat it!" Rock Lee smiles at me. "Well, we're both walking the same way anyways. Uh, well, assuming you passed the exam...?" He trails off awkwardly.
"Oh, yeah, I did. I guess that means you did too. I'm glad."
We walk along towards the outside of the Hokage residence, where we'll meet up with our teams.
"Amazing! I never doubted you Y/n!" He smiles, but the conversation doesn't continue.
I sigh. He notices my discomfort. Lee and I aren't really friends, but he's nice, so he asks what's up. "Hey, you doing okay? I heard you were in the hospital earlier and meant to bring you a flower but you left so early! You must train hard to heal that fast!"
I groan. "I was in the hospital yesterday, but before..." I start blushing profusely, and turn away from Lee. "Something... bad, happened. Anyways! Let's see what our missions are!" We've arrived, and I'm glad for the change in conversation. I can't think about what happened, I absolutely cannot.
I go to join Kakashi and my team, who are currently waiting in line to see the hokage. Gaara, one of the visiting chunin, bumps past me aggressively.
"Hey! What's your problem?"
Gaara turns around to glare at me with his emo eyeliner. He doesn't say anything, but Temari and Kankuro drag him away.
I am in a foul mood already, but then I see Sasuke, and I want to retch again. I close my eyes and take a deep breath before I approach my squad. Kakashi is chilling with a book, as usual, and Sasuke and Sakura are standing by. Sasuke notices me as I approach, and I steel myself for a conversation with him.
"Hey, you're out of the hospital! I thought the nurses said you were supposed to stay for a couple of days?" He asks, and I shrug coldly. "I snuck out, I'm fine."
"Ookay." Sasuke gives me an odd look and blushes a little. I turn away from him before I cry from the trauma. I see Sakura talking to Hinata's group. She stands with Shino, the bug kid, and Naruto, because they are a squad. Their sensei, Kurenai, is busy talking to a wall.
"So, Hinata!" Sakura is speaking brightly and passionately. "I heard you were practising some new Justu's yesterday, during the test! I definitely wasn't stalking you the entire time, HAHAHA, that would be weird!!!"
Hinata blushed, and hid in her jacket slightly. "Um, I guess so..." She said quietly, but her eyes weren't really on Sakura, they were drifting more towards Naruto, who looked extremely happy. Unfortunately, I knew why. Oh god. He'd been role playing as me last night.
I try to think calming thoughts. Puppies! Puppies are good to think about! A little yellow puppy, snuggling with a black one, and then, oh god, the yellow one starts humping the black ones leg, and- OH GOD NOOOOO!!!!! I bury my face in my hands. I can do this. I can do this. Pull it together.
"Um, hello, Y/n? Are you okay?"
I burst out of my thoughts. The yellow puppy- I mean, Naruto, is in front of me. "What? I mean, yeah, fine it's just- Head trauma from yesterday! I sure do have a hell of a headache!" I force cheerfulness.
Naruto frowns. "Aw, that's unfortunate. Well, I had a great time last night!"
"Oh god don't fucking remind me please." I mutter under my breath.
"Yeah, it sure was fun. What did you do last night? Lots of celebrating that we all passed our exams?"
"Yes. I was so happy I threw up."
Naruto laughs. "Oh Y/n, you're so funny."
it's time for their group to go, so Naruto waves goodbye to me. He then turns briefly to Sasuke. "Wish me luck, Babygirl!" He then disappears into the building.
"Keep it together. Keep it together." I whisper to myself, on the verge of tears. Akamaru nuzzles my leg. I look down at him and smile. I'm glad I have him by my side through these trying times.
Soon, it's our turn.
We walk into the hokage's office. Tsunade sits at her desk amidst piles of stacked high paperwork, her assistant Shizune trying to organise the piles.
Kakashi greets her. "Good morning, Fifth Hokage."
She nods. "You brats ready for your first mission as chunin?"
I stand alert, and I see Sakura does the same, although Sasuke looks more aloof.
Sakura responds. "Yes ma'am!"
Tsunade eyes us, and then several unrolled scrolls in front of her. "Alright then. Let's see..."
Shizune looks at the scrolls, and points at one. "This looks like their general skill level..."
Tsunade nodded wisely. "Yes, so not that one..." She swept that scroll onto the floor, to Shizune's protest.
"Aha! This mission looks good. An escort mission!" She tosses the scroll to Kakashi. "You'll be escorting Gaara of the sand and his squad back to the sand village along with Rock Lee's squad, minus Tenten, because she's in the hospital in a coma."
I smile. "Yes ma'am." I'm glad Rock Lee is coming with us. He'll be a great distraction from the horrors that my eyes have seen.
We head out of the hokage residence, ready to prepare for our mission.