Chapter 60

CASY

 After giving Hannah her first orgasm, we stayed up all night talking.

We talked about the fact that she's suspended for two weeks for disrespecting Daniela Salvatierra and Mr. Fischer, but that she's going back to school next week. I just laughed and was surprised at the same time, as I never thought a person like Hannah would disrespect the school authorities. That sounds more like something I would do.

Then we talked about our back-and-forth-kind-of thing and the times we fought and yelled at each other which now seems like a distant memory. We both remembered how hard it was for both of us the day I fucked everything up and told the whole school she liked me—and in that very moment I apologize again for the way I behaved. We remembered how deluded we were to think we could forget about each other when now we're cuddling on the bed together. And that was very surprising, since neither of us expected that when April began it would find us together and happy—as it should have always been.

We laughed all night and also clarified many things. We talked about Edinburgh, what it would be like to travel together and how much we would enjoy it, even though we're not even sure the trip will happen, but no harm in dreaming I suppose.

We tried not to talk about any taboo subject—we didn't want to ruin the good moment we were having—so I didn't bring up the subject of Leo and Hannah didn't ask me about it either, although I know she's dying to do so.

Right now she's asleep—or so it seems—and I can't even close my eyes. So many things are happening at the same time that my mind won't stop thinking, imagining and wondering. It's like a machine that has no off-button.

I get out of bed and grab my cell phone. I think it's kind of weird my aunt hasn't called me or anything, and it's even weirder she hasn't come home, but it's better for me—if she had come home and seen Hannah sleeping with me... well, that would have been awkward.

I go to the bathroom while checking my phone and almost drop it when I see I have several unseen messages from... Leonardo.

I tap on our chat and start reading his messages. Many are insisting that we go to Edinburgh together, others are insisting that I go to his house tonight and the rest are pictures of his dick or messages bitching at me and telling me terrible things for not answering him right away.

I roll my eyes and just pass on the messages since I'm used to it. The times he called me names and treated me badly just because I didn't answer the second he texted me are endless, but he's like that and I have to put up with it because I got myself into this. All by myself.

Don't assume this is easy, though. It's painful to get used to constant mistreatment, it's painful to get used to being an object, to get used to being abused, to get used to all this... and it's much more painful to see how the person who causes you this stabbing pain, believes there's nothing wrong with what he's doing because in his mind treating a woman like this is okay. Because in his fucking macho mind a woman only serves to give pleasure to a man and nothing more. She only serves to be at the mercy of men and obey everything they say. Beyond that... a woman is useless and worthless. And I know very well that he thinks so because one time I was in his house and he had his computer turned on on his desk, where a chat room was open. I don't remember who the chat was with, but I do remember him telling those people these very words. And yes, at that moment I should have gotten the hell out of there and never come back. I should have left him alone and run away from that fucking house as soon as I knew what that psycho was thinking. However I couldn't; I had already signed a contract specifying that if I broke it the consequences would be worse, so I couldn't leave. I couldn't break our agreement and t abandon everything I had done to get his dad to be the detective in charge of finding out the truth about my family's death.