Chapter 1

Emma's POV

I walked into the kitchen this morning and saw a big plate of chocolate chip cookies. They were still warm and the chocolate chips were still melted. Why would mom bake these? Sweets are so rare in my house. My hand reached out in front of me to grab a cookie. I couldn't help it! The smell of the butter and chocolate filled my nose. Just as I was about to grab one, my older brother, Nick, jumped on my back and I fell to the floor. "What was that for?!" I screamed. "For trying to eat a cookie!" he yelled "The school is having something and mom's bringing in cookies," Ugh! School events are so annoying. You spend like three hours with families that you don't even like and your friends siblings are yappin in your ear or trying to flirt with you. "And there's gonna be a surprise guest. Maybe it's one of the former students who we don't even know." Nick said. "Is it one of those formal events?" I hated especially the events that were formal. I preferred jeans and an oversized T-Shirt. "Sorry to say, sis, but yup totally formal." After that I let out a groan and left the room.

My dad was in the living room reading the Sunday newspaper. Who reads the newspaper anymore? "Hey dad, do you know where mom is," I said "There's a school function that I haven't even heard about until a few minutes ago."

"I think she's upstairs somewhere. Check her closet. If there's an event, she'll spend hours trying to figure out what to wear." He let out a little chuckle.

"HaHa your right. Thanks dad!" I said and ran up the stairs. "Mom!" I called. "Over here!" she answered. I walked over to where her voice was coming from. Dad was right, she was in the closet. By the way, it's a walk in closet. "What's up, Sweetie?"

"Oh nothing," I said sarcastically "it's just that no one told me about the stupid event." She could tell I was annoyed.

"Honey, I know you hate these kinds of things but you we all have to go. Plus, there's going to be a special guest. Oh, I wonder who it is!"

"Mom you're being ridiculous."

"I don't care and you're coming and there's no way of getting out of it this time." I do try to get out of stuff a lot. The last school function I said I had a history report due. Everyone believed me, except for Nick of course.

Justin's POV

"Wake up dude we gotta leave soon." I had a late night last night. My concert went later than expected. Now I have to go to a high school family event tonight. I lay in my bed still half asleep when someone poured water on my head. I sat up and looked at Scooter who had an empty cup in his hand. I gave him an annoyed look and he just laughed. "Like I said before," he said "We have to leave soon." After a minute at staring at each other, Scooter pulled me out of my bed onto the floor. "Ow!" I said. I will definitely have a bruise on my arm tomorrow. I finally gave up and walked over to the closet. I should wear sweats for the ride and bring an extra pair of clothes for the function. This is going to be a long day.

What did yall think about this chapter? This is my first JB story and I wanna know if I should continue!

CoMmEnT!

VoTe!

FaN! PeAcE :)