Chapter 37

Emma's P.O.V.

"Hello?" I heard a surprised but nervous voice on the other line.

"Justin?"

"Emma?" I loved the way he said my name. It's been a really long time. "Um," I said snapping myself back into reality. "You called yesterday?" I asked. There was a long pause.

"Yeah," he said "I wanted to know if you wanted to come to one of my concerts. I thought maybe we could catch up."

"I'd love that." I said smiling a little. "Where exactly is the concert?"

"LA. I know its far but I'll pay for ur plane ticket."

"You don't have to do that. I'll find a way to come up with the money."

"I want to." he said.

"Thanks," I said with a smile.

"I'll see you in a week?"

"Yup. See ya." I said pulling the phone away from my ear. I can't believe I'm going to see Justin. Okay, I have a confession. I never forgot about Justin. How could I? He was basically the best boyfriend I've ever had. What am I going to say when I see him?

Justin's P.O.V.

She said yes. She actually said yes! I seriously can't believe she called back. And hearing her voice again was amazing. "Justin?" I heard Selena say from behind me. "Yeah?" I said turning around to face her. "Who were you on the phone with?" she asked curiously. I smiled and said, "Just an old friend." 

"Is he or she coming to the concert too?" she asked excitedly.

"Yes she is."

"Well I can't wait to meet her," she said smiling.

I wonder if I should tell Sel that she's my ex girlfriend. I'm sure she'd be fine with it but I dont think I'm okay with calling Emma my ex. 

~A Week Later (Emma arrives at airport in LA)~

Emma's P.O.V.

My palms started to sweat as i got off the plane. I was really nervous to see Justin. I walked into the gate and spotted Justin right away. He was standing next to Selena Gomez. Of course I knew that were dating but it kind of hurt just to see them together. Okay, Emma. You're getting closer so you better put on your best smile and look happy. I did just as I told myself to do and walked right up to Justin. "Hi," I said looking right at him. His eyes were just os perfect as they were when I last saw them. "Hey." he said. Selena, stadning there awkwardly said, "Hi. I'm Selena." she held out her hand and I shook it. "I'm Emma. Nice to meet you," i said smiling. "What? Do I not get a hug?" Wow, classic Justin. He held out his arms and of course I hugged him. but that seemed to be a mistake becasue I didn't want to let go. I forced myslef to pull away. 

In the car, Selena kept asking me a bunch of questions. She's really nice and I'm glad Justin can have her. She seemed like a better girlfriend than me. "So, Emma. How did you and Justin meet?" Selena said. I could see Justin blushing and he tried to cover it up by looking out the window. "He was a special guest  for this school function thing," I said. She nodded her head.

We got to the hotel in a matter of minutes. Just as I stepped out of the car, my phone buzzed. I pulled my phone out of my bag and saw that it was Justin. I looked over at him confused, but he was too busy to notice. I opened the text message and read it quickly before throwing my phone into my sweatshirt pocket. He said he needed to talk to me. But what about? I'll just ignore for now and if it's really important than he'll actually come up to me.

 "Hey, you're gonna share a room with me. If that's okay." Selena said. "Yeah," I said uncomfortably. I feel as if I don't belong here. "Come on!" she said excitedly as she tugged on my arm. I grabbed my suitcase and followed her. I looked back at Justin to see if he was paying attention. But his head was turned. I guess what he needed to say wasn't so important after all. I rolled my eyes and just kept walking. I walked up to Selena with a smile on my face. "I can't believe I just met you." I said without thinking. Well it's true at least. Selena smiled and gave me a hug. "I know, I'm amazing right?" she said jokingly. We both laughed and waited for the elevator.

"Emma." I heard Justin say from behind me. I turned around and saw him standing there. "Can I talk to you for a second?" He asked. I nodded my head and he dragged me across the room i guess so Selena couldn't hear. "What?" i asked tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. "You got my text right?" he asked. I nodded my head. "So what is it you need to talk about?" I said. "Selena doesn't know that you and I dated." What is he suggesting here? "And she can't find out." Okay, that hurt. "Um, may I ask why?"

"I just think it will be easier if she didn't know."

"So am I supposed to be your old best friend that you nearly forgot about?"

"Yes! But not the forgotten part. Here's the deal, you have to pretend that we haven't seen each other in a really long time since I've been on the road." He held out his hand for me to shake. I shook his hand . What else was a supposed to do? Say no? I don't really have a choice. He smiled and started to walk away. "Hey Justin," he turned around and looked at me. "Don't kiss her in front of me" I said jokingly, but in my mind, I really meant it. I put a fake smile on my face and walked to the stairwell.