Chapter 39

Emma's P.O.V.

     I was sitting alone backstage at Justin's concert. Yup, alone. Justin is in his dressing room, Selena probably with him and the crew running around getting ready for the show. It makes me wonder why i even bothered to come. "Emma?" I heard someone say behind me. So now you talk to me. I turned around to see Justin looking at me. I sighed, "What?" I looked up at his chocolate brown eyes and felt myself melt inside. "Are you okay?" No. I'm not okay, Justin. You basically act like we've never met before. "Yeah. I'm fine. Why?" I lied. "I don't know, you just don't seem yourself." he said. I stood up, anger boiling up inside me. "You don't even know me! I agreed to come because i thought it would be nice to see you, not to be your fake old friend!" I yelled. I was half proud of myself and half regretting what I just said. 

     Justin stood there staring at me, not saying a word. "We haven't had one real conversation since I got here." I said "And why can't Selena know that we dated?! To me, it sounds like you just want to forget it ever happened. And now I realize I want to forget too." I picked up my stuff and started to head towards the exit when I felt a grip on my arm. I looked at Justin. "Emma, I didn't know you felt that way about it." he said. "It's common sense Justin!"

     "Is everything okay?" Selena asked from the other side of the room. I looked at her then ripped my arm out of Justin's grip. I looked at him one last time before heading for the exit. I can't believe I ever loved you. I felt tears form in my eyes as I opened the door to the parking lot. 

Justin's P.O.V.

     "Is everything okay?" I heard Selena say. Emma tore away her arm and before I knew it, she was gone. "Justin?" Selena said. What did I just do? "How much did you hear of that?" I asked. "The whole thing..." she answered, her voice trailing off at the end. "So you were the person she was talking about yesterday" Selena said to herself, but loud enough for me to hear. "She said she still loved you," she turned around and walked down the hallway she came from. Not only was Emma mad at me, but Selena was too. 

___________________________________________________________________________

Okay yeah i know short but i didn't really know what to write. And sorry it took me soooooo long to upload! i hope you guys like this chapter :)

~Maggie