Chapter 8

Emma's POV

"Emma." Someone said and tapped my shoulder. My eyes shot open realizing that i was still lying on the couch. "Ohmygosh what time is it?" I said to Nick, who woke me up. "The bus is going to be here in twenty minutes." Even with my not so complicated wardrobe, it takes me an hour to get ready. "You go without me. Wait, why can't you drive mom's car?" I asked. "She left for work."

"Dad?"I said

"Same." Ugh! What was I going to do.

"Like I said, go without me."

"What about you?"

"I'll figure something out. Just go!" He went upstairs and once I heard the front door slam shut, I got up to go get ready. Half way up the stairs I got an idea. But is it too early in the morning? Too bad because if I get to school after second period, I'm dead. I grabbed my phone and dialed the number.

"Hello?"

"Justin! I need your help."

"What is it?" He sounded super tired.

"Can you drive me to school pleeeeeeeaaaaaassssseeee. I woke up late and I missed the bus."

"Sure, whatever. Be over in a second." I hung up and let out a sigh of relief. About a half hour later, Justin pulled into the driveway. I ran out to his car and jumped in. "I'm so sorry you had to come out this morning."

"It's fine. I would've had to get up eventually, right?"

"True, but still, I owe you."

"No you don't. Hey, do you want me to pick you up after school?"

"I don't want you to go through," he interupted me.

"Seriously, it's no problem. I'll pick you up then?"

"Yeah, I guess." Before we knew it we were at the school. Before I opened the door I said "Thank you so much. You're a lifesaver!" I slammed the car door shut and ran through the school doors and headed straight to class.

_____________________________________________________________________________

At lunch I sat with Brianna, Michael, Rachel, and Sean. Yeah that's the normal group so you'll probably hear about them again. I've had a crush on Sean for the longest time, but he's dating Rachel so I've lost hope on that. And Brianna is dating Michael. Yeah I'm the only one who's single. Of course, everyone wants to hear about Bieber. "Can't like one person not ask me about it?!" I yelled and stormed out of the lunch room. I could feel everyone's eyes on me. It made me uncomfortable. In the hallway, I found a corner between a locker and the wall. I squeezed between and sat on the floor. You could say I over react a lot, but this time I don't think I am. I put my head in my hands and started crying like a little girl. If anyone saw me I'd be mortified. I heard the bell ring which meant lunch was over. Students would be flooding the halls at any moment. I got up quickly and ran to my locker. Luckily, I had an extra sweat shirt that I threw on. Then, I put up the hood to cover up my red puffy eyes.

Someone tapped me on the shoulder. Right now I had no patience for anything or anyone. "What?!" I screamed in there face. It was Toby, a super smart math geek. I definetley scared him. His eyes looked like they were going to pop out of his head. "Sorry, I've been having a hard day." I said. "Um. . I was just wondering if I could borrow your science notes. I was absent yesterday and I don't know what I missed."

"Sure, no problem." I grabbed my notebook out of my locker and handed it to him. Then he walked away. A strange kid he was, but definitely the smartest.

The rest of the day I kept my face shielded under my hood. People must think I'm ridiculous. I finally hear the last bell ring and literally sprint out the door. I had to get out of here. Straight ahead I see Justin waiting in his car. I run over and tell him to open his window. He opened it and saw my face. "Wow, what happened to you?" I punched him in the arm to let him know he was being rude. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry." My lip stared trembling and I knew I was going to cry again. Apparently Justin knew that too because he got out of the car and wrapped his arms around me. I hugged him back and started crying into his shoulder. At this moment, I don't care if anyone looks at me. Something about Justin made me feel more comfortable.

I don't know how long I cried or stood there with him. He whispered in my ear "Do you want to go sit on he beach?" I nodded, my head still on his shoulder. Here in Florida, the beaches are beautiful. Justin lead me to the passanger side door and opened it for me. I got in and he closed the door.

_______________________________________________________________________________

So what did yall think? Let me know in your comments!!!!

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN                                                                                    PEACE:)