Uncle Fury (Maria Hill x Reader)

You sat in your armchair in the living room while a vinyl played in the background, silently waiting for your wife to arrive home from work. It wasn't abnormal for your wife, Maria, to be late coming home from work this late but it still seemed to surprise you everytime.

Letting out a yawn you got up from your seat and took the vinyl off the record player. You knew Maria had a key so you made sure the door was locked and walked towards your daughter, Jamies’, room.

It was relatively easy to pick out what door was Jamies, it was the only door with bugs and dinosaurs on it. Cracking the door open you peeked your head in to see Jamie with a stuffed ankylosaurus in her grip, her love of dinosaurs came from you but that was just a given with you being a paleontologist and complete dinosaur nerd yourself. 

Closing the door quietly you smile a little and continue down the hallway to yours and Maria's room. After opening the door you flipped the light switch on and closed the door after you so you wouldn't wake up Jamie. You let out a sigh while sitting down on your bed.

It was starting to get late and you're starting to get worried. You knew what your wife did for a job but you were always so confident that nothing excruciatingly bad would happen to her.

You changed into your pajamas and did your night routine all while thinking about your wife. Turning off the lights you lay down in bed and start to drift off. During your weird transfer from reality to your dreams you failed to notice the sound your front door made when it was opened.

A few minutes passed before your door opened and you shot up from your bed, startled by the sudden noise. After having a momentary freak out due to just having woken up your realized it was just Maria who gave you a worried smile.

"I'm sorry, my love. I thought you were still awake." You gave Maria a small smile and relaxed back from your startled state.

"It's fine sweetheart. I had just laid down, no harm done."

Maria nodded her head and got ready for bed. You had already gone to that weird place in between sleep and consciousness when she had slipped under the covers.

You turned around and cuddled into her side. Maria let out a light chuckle and wrapped her arms around you.

"Just so you know we have to talk to Jamie tomorrow about the importance of not using Fury to threaten other kids."

Maria let out a laugh and closed her eye's, "I look forward to it."

And truthfully she did, she always looked forward to the small things with you.