eleven

Sungho took up every bit of Jimin's time until Jihyun got home. Then, the three sat together and played video games. 

Jimin constantly insisted that he needed to head back before it got too dark, but he was met with an excuse every time. To wait until dad got home, to wait until dinner was ready, to stay for dinner.

All of the sudden, it was past seven in the evening, and the buses had stopped running at all. With that excuse, Sungho insisted Jimin had to stay the night.

"Send him back," Nari grumbled from the couch, which she had not moved from the whole time. Not even for dinner. "He has school tomorrow."

"No, he doesn't," Sungho argued. He rolled his eyes. "It's the weekend."

"No room for him," Nari insisted.

"He can sleep with me!" Jihyun said happily, looking at Jimin. Ever since Jihyun came home from school and saw his brother there, he'd been practically glued to Jimin's hip.

"You're too young to be sleeping with an adult," Sungho chided. "He'll sleep with me."

"You're too old to have sleepovers!" Jihyun whined, clinging to Jimin's arm.

"But Jimin wants to sleep with me," Sungho said, puffing his chest out. "Isn't that right, Minnie?"

"I -" Jimin glanced between the two sitting on either side of him at the kitchen table. He looked to his younger brother. His sweet little Jihyun, who Jimin had truly missed so much these past few weeks. "I mean, Jihyun is --"

Sungho's eyes widened in what looked like rage. "Are you serious?" he demanded. "You've barely paid attention to me all evening!"

"That's not true..." Jimin said, furrowing his brows. He was steadily feeling smaller and smaller as Sungho swelled with emotions in front of him.

"Now you're calling me a liar?" Sungho asked. "Fine then! Go sleep with him! It's not like I'm the whole reason you came home anyway!"

Sungho stood up and stormed off.

"You're too dramatic," Nari scolded from the couch.

"Shut up!" Sungho yelled, the door from his room slamming shut.

Jimin buried his face in his hands, sighing deeply. It'd only been several hours, but he was already extremely drained. His family felt like it was only sucking the life out of him lately. Everyone was so hostile with each other.

Jimin's father cleared his throat, drawing his sons' attention.

"You know how he is," their dad said. "Why don't you go apologize just to make nice, okay?"

Jimin scrunched his nose. As much as he didn't want to, he knew that he did upset his older brother. He needed to say he was sorry. And spend the night in his room.