ten

Jimin sat on the sidewalk next to the busy road, scrolling through the schedule displayed on his phone.

He groaned, his frows furrowing.

A girl was sitting next to him, her hair dyed a bleached blonde similarly to his. The brightness of her hair brought out the rich contour of her skin. She tucked a piece of her bangs behind her ear, glancing at him. Ever since he sat next to her on the bench a few moments ago, he'd been making a lot of noises. She could tell he was stressed but wondered if she should stay quiet or offer to help him out.

Jimin rubbed the back of his neck, swiping out of one app and opening up his GPS. 

After Jimin and Seokjin had finished their little session, Seokjin helped Jimin to his feet and brushed him clean.

"Ready to head back?" Seokjin asked, holding the bathroom door open.

Jimin parted his lips to reply as he stepped outside, only to be interrupted by his phone buzzing in his pocket. He grabbed it, thinking that Hoseok was about to start harassing him for staying out too long, only to find that it wasn't his roommate.

It was his older brother.

Come home! Jihyun and I miss you!

1:34 pm √

"Problem?" Seokjin asked, his head tilted and his hair falling over his eyes.

Jimin quickly texted a reply, saying that he would come home as soon as he could.

Jimin's family, which consisted of his dad, his younger brother Jihyun, his step-mom Nari, and his older step-brother Na Sungho, lived a lot close to Jimin's new University than his old one. They were about half an hour away by drive or train, and just a bit longer than that by bus, depending on the schedule.

Every since Jimin left for University, his older brother, Sungho, had gotten into a habit of requesting Jimin to come home and visit for a while, claiming that he and Jihyun - Jimin's biological and younger brother - missed him. Most of the time, it was pretty inconvenient. Like now.

But Jimin was never one to deny visiting. Sungho's mother hadn't been able to afford to send him to University, so he still lived at home with a part-time job at a liquor store to help pay the bills. Ever since Jimin left, he always felt guilty when Sungho said he missed him. He was getting schooling and experience that Sungho didn't and couldn't. Ever since Jimin's dad married his stepmom and Sungho came into his life, Jimin's older brother claimed that the two were the best of friends that should never leave or betray each other. And Jimin did exactly that.

Jimin sighed, putting his phone away. "No," he said. "No problem. I just gotta head somewhere else. You can head back without me."

"'Kay," Seokjin replied, stuffing his hands and heading to what Jimin assumed was the nearest bus station.

Jimin blinked, surprised Seokjin didn't persist or dig deeper. Well, he supposed that was more of Hoseok's thing. It kind of felt relieving not to be questioned so much. Jimin felt quite private about his life and wasn't a fan of people digging.