eight

"Hoseok... S-stop! Please!"

"No, Minnie. We've come this far. No going back."

"I never agreed to this in the first place!"

"It's okay, babe. We're almost done, I promise."

"Liar. I hate you. Get off of me!"

"Could you be still?! I can't quite --"

"GOD!" Jimin cried. "THAT'S COLD!!" He served sharply away from Hoseok, almost smacking his head against the ledge of the tub in the process.

"OY!" Hoseok screeched, jumping back. "Be still, Jimin! You're going to get dye all over my clothes, for lord's sake!"

Jimin smacked his hands against the bottom of the tub that he was leaning over, splashing yellow-tinted water, in a tantrum. The two were currently in the public dorm showers, borrowing the only tub available. Hoseok's hands, as well as Jimin's whole head, ears, neck, and the collar of his shirt, were stained in a bright, yellowish hue. Hoseok's hair was soaking wet, dripping water onto his shirt as he held a shower head over Jimin, trying to wash out the remainder of the blonde dye in Jimin's hair.

"It's your fault for dowsing me in freezing water!" Jimin protested. He waved his hands furiously in the air, trying to dry them without getting dye everywhere. "Why are we even doing this? I just dyed it pink. I'm going to damage it if I keep doing this."

"You lost the bet," Hoseok said with a shrug, pulling the showerhead back and holding his hand under the water to wait until it wasn't so cold. "I didn't act like such a baby when you did my hair, now did I?"

"I used warm water, you ungrateful jerk!" 

Hoseok shoved the head over Jimin, who shrieked and went tumbling into the tub when the icy water hit his skin. "Oh for fu -- BE STILL!"

"SCREW YOU!"

-

Jimin and Hoseok were sitting on the living room floor, going back and forth with stories while playing with Hoseok's dog, Mickey, for about an hour. Hoseok's hair, now a prominent red, was dried and laid in fluffy layers around his head. Jimin's shimmering, golden hair was still a bit damp, but now that it was clean and styled, it looked much better than he anticipated. He couldn't wait to see how the people at the university would react. He wondered if they would fan over him and praise him as much as they did when his hair first made its pink debut.

Hoseok was just finishing up one of his stories from his childhood, where his older sister had caught him butt-naked in his room, dancing to some Japanese pop song. Jimin was cackling as he listened, almost completely laid out on the carpet as he laughed. 

As Jimin sat up, he suddenly heard his phone buzzing. He swiped it from the coffee table.