4th first day

Y/n's POV

It was our first day of fourth year. I was beaming with excitement. I wandered into my dormitory and started to unpack. I hung all of my clothes away and put all of my books and binders neatly in my desk drawers. I put my skincare into my bathroom cabinets and my toothpastes and toothbrushes.
I was so glad to be back. I decided to go to my brother's room. I chanted the spell so I could sneak in
"Alohomora" I whispered and ever so gently pushed the door open. It revealed an empty and bare room. It was so simple. Only his desk wardrobe and bed were there. I walked into his bathroom to find it plain like the rest of it.
But surely father would've made him come back? I quickly left the room and locked the door with another one of my spells. I snook through the corridor and walked until I reached my bedroom. As I walked in I saw Pansy looking around.
"Oh hi" She mumbled as I looked at her. She was holding something behind her back.
"Uh hi? What are you doing?" I asked seeming very suspicious of her.
"I was looking for you actually.." She said and I was just wondering why.
"Well since your apart of the entire dark arts thing, I was wondering when you'd get your dark mark."

How did she know?

"Who told you about this?" I asked startled that she knew.
"Uh Draco did"

That little ferret.

"I'm sorry but I don't know when I'll be getting it but I'm somehow apart of it all even without the mark." I truthfully answered and she nodded her head. She proceeded to talk to me about our winter break and I realised her hands were still hidden behind her. Pansy wouldn't hide something from me, would she?

"Y/n I need to tell you something" She began and I nodded indicating for her to continue

"I got the mark." She said and I gasped. It was just there on her wrist all of a sudden.

"W-what, why?" I stuttered being too speechless to talk normally. "I'm sorry Y/n, my parents made me." She looked genuinely sorry and she wrapped her arms around me to hug me. I hugged her back because it clearly wasn't her fault.

♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧
*in the great hall*

"Everybody, since all of the first years have now been sorted, we actually have to announce that a new student will be attending. His name is Theodore Nott." Dumbledore announced. The boy sat onto the chair and the hat almost immediately sorted him into
"Slytherin!"
Everybody on my table cheered and clapped except from me. He looked familiar like we had some sort of connection.
"Isn't he another death eater? I'm sure I've seen him there before"
Bingo. I'd seen him wandering the house with other death eaters before. He usually sat in between his parents or with another girl who I didn't know the name of. I'd seen her around school but I cannot recall talking or associating with her.

"Let the feast begin!" The head master yelled and I just sat there with my head in my hands thinking to myself. Awful scenarios rapidly filled my head until they got so overwhelming that I had to leave. I stood up and walked out of the doors whilst holding back tears.

"𝑵𝒐, 𝑭𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒆!" 𝑰 𝒚𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒅 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒅 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒉𝒆𝒍𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒐𝒂𝒕.
𝑩𝒆𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝑰 𝒌𝒏𝒆𝒘 𝒊𝒕
"𝑨𝒗𝒂𝒅𝒂 𝑲𝒆𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒗𝒓𝒂!"
𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒃𝒐𝒅𝒚 𝒄𝒐𝒍𝒍𝒂𝒑𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒓."

𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒊𝒆𝒓𝒄𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒏 𝒎𝒚 𝒘𝒓𝒊𝒔𝒕 𝒉𝒖𝒓𝒕. 𝑰 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅𝒏'𝒕 𝒃𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒆. 𝑰 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒅 𝒄𝒂𝒄𝒌𝒍𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒔 𝑰 𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒎𝒚 𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒂𝒅𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒔. 𝑨𝒔 𝒊 𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒌𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒊𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒔. 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒌 𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒌"

"Y/n!" Pansy yelled as she followed me. I ran all the way to the Slytherin Common room and sprinted up the stairs until I reached my dorm. I dragged my body into the bathroom and stared into the mirror. What was happening?

"Y/n are you okay in there?" Pansy asked with a soft tone.
"Uh- Yeah I'm fine" I cried as I wiped the tears that were rolling down my cheeks.
"You don't sound fine" She replied and I wanted to be alone so I reassured her that I was okay and I'd just lost my appetite.

After a good 20 minutes of staring at myself bawling my eyes out. I decided to leave the bathroom and change into something comfy. I picked out a lounge set and collapsed onto my bed. I reached for a book and started to flip the pages. Ugh the thoughts wouldn't leave my head.
I put the book down and though I wasn't tired I rested my head on my pillow and tried to sleep. It wasn't working. It was about 6pm and students were still allowed out of bed so I dragged my body out of bed and wandered of to the library. I traced my fingers along the rows of books and read the titles in my head. They all seemed boring until I saw one called.
"Defence against the dark arts"
I'd always taken and enjoyed this class somehow. My family was classed into the Dark Arts but I still liked reading about how 'dangerous' people considered us.

I found an a seat in the corner and started to read, page after page. It felt like seconds bur in reality was probably hours. The lights were now out and the corridors were dark. Shit.

I checked my watched. It said 10pm. I spent 5 hours reading and now I'd most likely end up in detention. Ugh my life was such a wreck. I tiptoed back to the common room without being caught. But as I opened the door I saw Filch and Snape talking. They noticed me and looked angry.
"I'm sorry Professer I didn't realise the time-" I started but his deep voice cut me off.
"Detention after your final class tomorrow Ms Malfoy." He sternly said and I just quietly nodded and made my way upstairs. I couldn't be bothered to sleep so I just continued to read the book.

"Y/n get up!" Pansy screeched and I just pretended not to hear her because I was still reading.
"Your going to be late Y/n!" She whined and I just told her I was skipping today. I wouldn't be going to detention either.

I was now on page 1,568. It was quite an enjoyable book if I'm being honest.

Word count: 1094