CHAPTER 31 - carnival

a/n - please remember to vote!! i wont be updating as often as i do for a few days as i'm on holidays , sorry :((
"hey you sure you don't want us to pick you guys up?" i ask, reversing out of kate's driveway. "nah it's cool. me, mj, ned and betty'll meet you there." peter says over the phone. "alright, see you there." i say, hanging up. "sorry, hey kate." i apologize as i didn't greet her as she sat in the car since i was talking to peter, turning right. "hi y/n," kate says, chuckling.

i turn into the carpark, smiling at the rides. "is this it?!" kate exclaims, leaning forward to look at the carnival. "yeah, come out." i say, getting out of the car. we walk to the entrance, paying and stand to the side. "you guys here yet?" i say to peter. "yeah, coming in now." he says, and we hang up.

kate and i walk side by side behind everyone else as they walk in pairs - ned and betty, peter and mj. "ferris wheel first, guys?" peter suggests. we all agree, and start walking to the other side of the big carnival. "don't get lost, kate." i half joke, kate laughing. i place both my hands in my jacket pockets and after a few seconds, kate loops her right hand through my left hand, leaning into me as we walk through everyone.

eventually, kate and i get in one ferris wheel passenger car, everyone getting in pairs. they close the doors, and kate and i sit opposite each other. "it's pretty up here, wow." kate mumbles almost to herself as she peers down, glass separating kate and outside. i look out too, seeing loads of rides lit up, crowds of people walking one direction as the other side walks the other direction. i smile, watching the rides. we reach the top of the ferris wheel, and kate taps my shoes softly. i turn back around to her, seeing her smile. "it would be romantic if we kissed up here, don't you think?" she says, smile growing bigger. "yeah, it would be." i say, slightly leaning forward as i place one hand on kate's side of the seat, leaning in.

we get off the ride, waiting for everyone else to get off. "did you guys kiss?" i joke to peter and mj as they get out. "the hell? no!" peter says, mj's face going red. "i was joking!" i say, and we start walking around. "you hungry yet?" i ask kate. "no, not yet." she replies, interlocking our hands as we faintly swing our hands as we walk.

i stand behind kate as we wait in line for the next ride, that being high chairs that go swing in a circle, connected by chains. (i hope you guys know what i'm talking about😭) "the music is loud!" kate exclaims, referring to the loud music being played by the ride beside ours. i smile, covering her ears with both my hands. kate laughs, bringing her hands up as they go around my wrists, taking them off her ears. she gently brings them down her body, connecting my hands as they hand loosely over kate's chest. i move forward, pressing my body against hers as we wait in line, leaning my chin on kate's shoulder. "y/n," kate says, and i look down, seeing kate hold her phone, camera out. i smile, pressing my cheek against kate's cheek. she takes a few photos as she smiles, putting her phone in her pocket again.

after a few more rides, we decide to get some food. "let me know if you want anything, we'll stop and get it." i tell kate as we walk past the food vans lined up. "yeah, same goes to you." kate says, and i smile, holding kate's hand. "want a corndog? i'm probably gonna get one, i'm not that hungry." i say, and we all pull over, peter and betty getting one too. "no thanks, stark." kate replies.

we walk out of the carnival as kate's hand goes over mine to steady the lemonade in my hand as she drinks it, letting go after.

"i like shiny things but i'd marry you with paper rings!" kate and i sing as we drive home. she laughs and i look at her smiling, looking back on the road.

i move my shoulder, trying to get the itch away as i drive. "what's wrong?" kate asks, looking up from her phone. "itchy back, can you scratch it?" i ask, turning left.

kate's pov
i lean towards y/n, sliding my hand up her back. "when do i stop?" i ask, y/n leaning forward as i move more up her back. "just keep going, i'll tell you when to stop," she says, and i can't help but smile from my dirty mind. i reach the back of her bra, stopping in surprise. "might as well take it off if you're gonna stop there." y/n says, chuckling. i smile, moving more up. "there," she says and i stop, scratching her back. i feel her body loosen up, and i pull my hand out of her shirt. "thanks kate." she says, stopping at a red light.

y/n drives up to my driveway, stopping as she turns off the engine. "your parents are okay with you staying the night at mine, right?" i say, unbuckling my seatbelt. "yeah, they don't really care to be honest." she says, unbuckling her seatbelt.

y/n's pov
"i hope this is okay," kate says as she hands me night clothes. "this is good, thank you." i say, looking at them. i smile at the 'bishop security' sweater, walking to the bathroom to put them on.
i walk into kate's room and she looks up, smiling. "looks cute!" she says, and i laugh, falling into her bed next to kate. i pull the blanket over us, laying on kate's shoulder. "i've never slept in your room before, it's cosy in here." i say, tracing a heart repeatedly on the other side of kate's collarbone with my pointer finger. "yeah, it is weird. you should stay over more often." kate whispers, curling my hair around her finger. god, i really love this girl. wait, what?

a/n - hey guys! i don't really have any inspo for this story, so i think i'm gonna end it here. BUT i'll add more to all my other stories, which includes the hailee one, the kate bishop one and the olivia one! so if this is your first story you've read of mine, feel free to see my other ones!

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 || 𝐤𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐩 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 🎉