22 | pickles

STEVIE COLE wasn't okay, I mean when was she ever, but this time she truly was not okay.

Christopher sturniolo was her best friend; she adored him; she grew up in the room next door to him; she bathed with him.

He was nothing more than her best friend.

If he was her so called best friend, then why did her stomach tickle when she saw him, or why did she love when he laughed, or why could she walk into a store and instantly smell his cologne?

Reality slapped Stephanie Cole in the face.

"I'm going to the store; do you need anything?" Stevie requests to leave the living room.

The three of them shook their heads.

"wait, i'll come with you." Chris pursues her, causing the girl's big blue eyes to widen.

"It's fine, Chris; you don't have to." She swallowed her spit.

"I want to," he laughs as they walk out the door together.

nothing was ever awkward between them, they could sit in silence and it wouldn't be awkward.

stevie was driving, chris was the most proud he's ever been.

arriving at the store was a relief for stevie.

"What do you want to get?" she begins by asking, grabbing a basket as she enters Walmart.

"Dr Pepper," the boy said flatly.

"I could have literally gotten that for you." Stevie rolled her eyes as she looked at him.

"I know, but is it a crime to want to hang out with your best friend?" smirks the boy smoothy.

I mean we live in the same house." she giggles picking some ice cream from the frozen food area.

"I know," he asserts, smiling at her.

"i've been craving pickles all week." Chris rubs his tummy.

walking to the boxed vegetable isle the pair of eyes scanned the shelves landing on the pickles.

"Would you like the Heinz one?" She changed her mind.

"you want the heinz one?" she turned her head to chris "yeah."

While Stevie's hand reached for the glass jar, a man standing nearby was picking out some relish.

However, before her fingers could properly wrap around the glass, the man inadvertently bumped into her, causing the jar to fall and shatter on the floor.

"oh shit." she gasps.

"What the fuck lady!" shouts the man at her.

"I am truly sorry, sir; it was a total accident." She makes an attempt to apologize.

One of the workers had approached them.

"I'm so sorry; I'll pay for it," she apologizes to the worker in blue.

"Don't worry about it, ma'am." The guy offers her a soft smile.

"no she needs to fucking stress it, she dropped pickle juice all over my shoes." He indicates a small drop of liquid on his sneakers.

"I am deeply sorry, sir." She swivels her head to one side.

"Kid, put your fucking dog on a leash." As he said this, the man looked at Chris.

"She's not a dog, you dick." Chris took a step in front of her.

As she hears the sentence, Stevie's face becomes irritated.

"I apologized, sir, and I don't think I could say anything else." With a sigh, she told him.

"You can get me some new shoes." Chris and Stevie's eyes widened, and the girl couldn't help but laugh out loud.

"listen i'm not buying you new goddamn shoes, now how about you fuck off old man!" she screams in his face while crossing his arms.

The enraged man was now literally fuming, his hand reaching up to strike Stevie.

Chris had caught his arm just as it was about to go off, "get the fuck out of here." chris clenched his jaw at him.

"Let go of me, this is an attack!" He hollered at Chris.

"Yeah, but you're slapping a minor, aren't you?" the teenager asked, tightening his grip on his wrist.

"i'll let go of you, and you leave her the fuck alone." Chris demanded him sternly.

The man just nodded like a chump, and when Chris let go, he walked away, cursing under his breath.

"woah dude." If Stevie Cole wasn't already head over heels in love with Chris sturniolo, she certainly is now.

"That was totally cheesy," she had said, smiling.

"I just saved your life; a little respect would be appreciated." Chris tilts his chin to the side.

"Yeah right," she replied, "as if I'd let that fucker hit me."

H speaks!
so was that chapter hot? yes.

chris in this chapter is better than a billion french fries.