97 | dont blame me

STEVIE COLE NEVER UNDERSTOOD this phrase.

how could it be said "first is the worst."

she comes second all the time.

forever stuck in the position of second best, the backup plan, the rebound.

for once, it'd be nice to be the first choice, priority, wanted.

but she never got that, and that's fine it was written in her book. it was her fate.

fate was a funny word because you never know what's gonna happen, i guess that's the whole meaning of it.

she would never be the girl someone looked at when the word beautiful was mentioned in the room, she would never be the winner of her class spelling bee, she would never be the one who had her straight eyes magnets on the fridge, and mostly what hurt the most was that she would never be the girl christopher sturniolo would even think of looking at in a way that made him smile.

she's trying to be okay without him, she really is. but would you try convincing the moon to keep on shining without the sun.

no, because you know she wouldn't be able to.

stevies eyes wander around the small room that was her own, averting them to each picture frame with her and him.

ones with kisses on cheeks, ones with her on his back, and ones with him and him and her with the others.

she closed her eyes again, sighing.

her favorite story is the one where he loves her.

she tells it to herself so often, that she forgets it's mostly fiction.

"LOOK AT NIC bro." matt smiles as they all sat in the van with the camera.

they play the intro.

"dude imagine a world without baby carrots." stevie looks down at the vegetable in her hand.

"imagine every time you had a carrot it had to be a big one." she laughs.

"bro what?" they all look to her.

"anyway, anyway, anyway." matt rolls his eyes.

the camera cuts.

"so nic turned into wendy." stevie points to the boy who was now a redhead.

"he became wendy." chris giggles.

"anyways what else happened."

"uh our youtube channel got completely terminated for twenty four hours." nic itches his neck.

"it straight up fucking evaporated."
stevie sighs.

"yeah and she spent those twenty four hours literally crying." chris giggles pointing to the girl.

"no for real, i genuinely think she cried for twenty four hours." matt looks all serious.

"but we have an amazing manager who was able to resolve our problem." nic adds.

"literally shout out to laura i love you so much." stevie laughs.

"yeah laura also order her some ice cream when she was having her break down." chris giggles.

the four talk a lot more on how grateful and how much it was stressful for them for at least another five minutes.

the camera cuts.

"she took my hand i don't know how it happened." nic sings under his breath.

"that song has been stuck in my head all day." stevie shocked.