Chapter 8

"I want you to give me your true name, Noé."

There it was again. The shadow from that night. Red eyes glooming with greed. He was leaning towards Noé. You were frozen for a second when you saw the shadow again, taking you back to the memories of that awful night. When you slapped yourself back to reality, Vanitas was already moving towards them.

"NON!"

Vanitas pushes the shadow fearlessly away from Noé. Like he did when he saved you.

"What are you doing, Noé? Did you twist your ankle dancing?" Vanitas cheekily said.

This time the shadow did not fade away. Their expression changed from excitement to irritation. "Who are you? This is the second time you've gotten in my way." He says in a distorted voice.

Vanitas laughs. "Aha. So you lot are "Charlatan" hm?"

That's when you saw that behind the red eyed shadow, there where more, even one that had clothes on and his face looked similar as that of a spider.

Noé was on the ground, you ran towards him. "Noé! Are you okay?" He had a sad and confused look on his face but a few seconds later he turns to look at you.

"I-i'm alright, thank you [Y/N]."

You sigh in relieve. "I'm not the one you should be thanking though." Noé turns around to look at Vanitas.

"V-vanitas... There is blood on your neck. Are you hurt?" Noé asks.

Vanitas looks at his tainted shirt who he didn't even notice was tainted. He looks back at Noé and let out a smirk.

"I don't kiss and tell." Noé looks at him with a confused gaze. You feel your cheeks instantly burning up. Vanitas looks at you and laughs.

The red eyed shadow started to giggle. "Fun. This is fuuunnn."

"Stop it Naenia. We've already passed the appointed time. The beastias will catch on to us" Said the spider looking shadow.

"Tsk. Boring." That's when the shadow apparently called Naenia started to shout. It was that high pitched noice again that made you lose control of your blood lust. You wanted to rip that shadow how ever possible to shreds, because of what that sound made you do.

Before you knew it curse bearers bursted out of the wall coming your way. Noé, Vanitas and you started to dodge and fight them off. While you were doing that, the shadows went towards the balcony to escape. You turned around, you didn't want them to get away.

"OI, DON'T YOU DARE RUNAWAY YOU COWARD. WHY ARE YOU CREATING CURSE BEARERS AND WHY—?!"

Naenia turned around and smiled. "Don't you worry [Y/N] I will have your true name back. You are far to valuably to let go. Bye bye." Suddenly they were gone.

"DAMN IT." You shouted and hit a curse bearer so hard he bursted through a wall.

"As if i'd let you go." Noé said, planning to go after them when suddenly he heard Domi's voice behind him.

"Noé! Thank goodness there you are! There's a terrible ruckus in the great hall. Are you al—." Before Domi could finish her sentence Noé embraced her.

"Domi..."

"Noé...?" Domi says with a confused gaze. When suddenly she grabs Noé by his cheeks with a smack. You and Vanitas scoff.

"Get it together man!"

"Ow."

"Curse bearers manifested in the hall. Several of them at once. The once who've lost there senses went strange because of that high pitched shreek."