The race (20)

Sorry for spelling and grammar

Everyone had gathered inside the race area. Izuku was in the middle being shoved left and right even though the race hadn't even started. He finally found a bit of space by a wall so he walked over and stood there. He leaned against the wall and started thinking.

"Should I just teleport to the finish line? No. That wouldn't be very effective. For all I know getting 1st is a bad idea, so I'll aim for second. I also need to show what I can do, a simple teleport would reduce me showing my abilities off. I need to prove I'm still as capable as everyone else. That coma may have been bad, but that doesn't make me suddenly weaker then before."

Suddenly present mics voice came over the speakers.

"WHAT'S UP STUDENTS!!!" He screamed. "It's time to start this race! Let's go, in 3! 2! 1! Run!!"

Izuku was about to start running forward, until Ice suddenly started freezing everyone ahead of him. He looked forward and saw class 1A avoided it, along with some class B and support course. But most weren't as lucky. Izuku stopped trying to run and stopped at the ice. He put his hand to the ice and it started melting away, until after a few seconds it was all gone. Some of the kids started running while others thanked Izuku before running. Before Izuku could start going one kid grabbed his shoulder.  He turned around and saw a girl with white hair and a demon tail standing there.

"O-oh, uhm, sorry to stop you. I just wanted to ask, why did you help us?" She asked.

"It's like what I said in my speech, I want everyone to try their hardest. No matter how weak or strong, I want everyone to have a chance." He answered. "Now if you'll excuse me, I'm also here to prove something, so I'm here to show my skills." Before the girl could question what he meant, heat started coming from his feet. He leaned forward and suddenly Izuku was sent flying forward with the fire he made pushing him forward as if he had a Jetpack.

Bakugo had just made it to the type rope when suddenly a bang came from behind him. He turned around and saw a dust cloud, then once it cleared it revealed Izuku standing in the center of a small crater.

"What the fuck," Is all Bakugo could say before Izuku grabbed Bakugo and teleported to the end of that section. "What are you doing?"

"I feel like helping you win." Izuku simply said.

"But why, you also are trying to win right?"

"I'm aiming to win the entire festival, this race is more of a mini game to Whittle down the number of opponents. Besides I have a weird feeling that I won't want first for this game."

"Well I'm also aiming to win, if I don't see you in the finals I'm gonna make Jirou kill you, so at least try." When Bakugo finished saying that a few other students beat the type rope section.

"Guess that's your queue to start racing again huh." Izuku stated. Bakugo didn't even answer before Bakugo exploded forward ahead of everyone.

Bakugo had gotten to the mine field and saw todoroki walking through it. Bakugo just aimed his arms behind him and blasted himself forward. He appeared right next to todoroki, and before he was about to blast by he got grabbed by todoroki. He then shoved bakugos face into a mime and ran off. The mine exploded but Izuku teleported next to Bakugo and grabbed him. He teleported away before the explosion fully went off.

They appeared at the start of the mine field with Bakugo sitting on the ground. Izuku looked at him and he had a burn on his nose that spread up to his right eye.

"Well. He seems nice." Izuku said looking at todoroki running for the finish line.

"Yea, nice enough to the point I wanna hold his head underwater until the bubbles stop coming up." Bakugo said with a slight cough.

"I can do something to hurt his ego if you want." Izuku told him.

"Do it. I don't care what it is."

With that confirmation Izuku teleported himself and Bakugo to right in front of the finish line. Izuku had Bakugo walk through as he looked back at todoroki. You could see the anger on todoroki's face, which was satisfying to Izuku. He Teleported right infront of todoroki and knee'd him in the gut before kicking him in the face.

"That's for katsuki." Izuku said. He then threw todoroki back onto the mine field where a mine exploded him. "That was just because." With that final line izuku walked over the line getting second place.

808 words

Sorry for how short this chapter was, but expect most if not all of the sports festival chapters to be shorter then usual. I'd say the chapters will all be below 1500 words. Idk for certain but it makes sense to me.

Also I refuse to write the cavalry battle. I have no clue how to even try and write that so I'm not even gonna try. So the next chapter is just skipping straight to the 1v1 battles. See ya then.