Unhealthy Grief (45)

Sorry for spelling and grammar

Izuku groaned as his eyes slowly opened, a blinding white light overhead of him. He looked around and recognized his placement as recovery girls office. He relaxed his head and closed his eyes to avoid the light above.

"What happened?" He asked himself.

"The camp didn't go as planned." Hearing another voice Izuku sat up and looked, seeing Aizawa and Bakugo standing there to his right. Aizawa opened his mouth and continued. "I knew it was a bad idea, but no the fucking rat apparently knows best."

Izuku looked at Aizawa as he stared back. Izuku's eyes widened as his memory struck him hard.

"Mineta?" All he got as a response was Aizawa shaking his head. Izuku looked down at the blanket, putting his hand on it and feeling the bandages on his stomach from underneath. Izuku grit his teeth as he punched the blanket, lying back down afterwards and looking out the window. "Leave me."

Aizawa nodded and turned to leave the room. Bakugo looked at izuku with worry but followed in Aizawa's path out the door. The door shut behind them quietly, leaving Izuku with his thoughts.

"Nothings changed."

Izuku sat up and hung his legs off his bed, he tapped his bandages before punching it, a sting flying through his body in response. Despite the pain izuku did it again, and again, and again.

"Get used to it."

More punches hit his stomach as the bandages slowly changed colors, transforming to a deep red.

"I'm still to weak."

Izuku covered his fist with white fire before punching himself once more, sending himself into a coughing fit, a small bit of blood flying out of his mouth and onto his bandage. Izuku felt his face, realizing his mask was gone. He looked at the stand next to him and opened the drawer, seeing his mask before putting it on. He looked back down at his bandage, the color stained red and his stomach burning from pain.

"Get used to it and you'll be stronger. Pain can't stop you if you can't feel it."

He stood up and grabbed more bandages, replacing his bloodied ones before lying back down.

Later

Izuku walked through the halls of U.A, finally being released from his bedridden state. He walked towards the teachers lounge, seeing Aizawa walk out and look at him. He walked towards him, stopping in front of him.

"Why haven't you left?" Aizawa asked.

"Need to ask questions before I go home," Izuku responded. Aizawa nodded and leaned on the wall next to him, looking at him in anticipation. "Were there any other casualties that came out of the camp?"

"No there were none. Many students were injured but it was nothing some band-aids wouldn't fix." Aizawa answered, looking thankful yet sorrowful.

"Will Mineta be replaced." Izuku said with a slight difference in his voice. Aizawa looked at izuku with a shocked expression before looking down.

"Nezu wants to move some students from class 1-B to our class, even is thinking about giving that shinsou kid from the festival a chance by training under me. But I refuse. I already have you and bird brains to deal with, and I don't want anyone to think of 1-B as replacements."

Izuku nodded approvingly, the image of someone taking his classmates seat pissing him off. "Is school canceled because of the incident?"

"Yes it is. It's been two days since the attack and the rest of this week is canceled, thought that hasn't stopped Hatsume from coming," Aizawa said that last part under his breath, making Izuku smile. "And if all goes according to plan we will have dorms set up to protect your class better."