Chapter Eleven - Wonka

Warning: Mentions of mental illness and some swearing in this chapter. Also, a bunch of disgustingly cute nicknames. 

"Ladies and gentlemen...boys and girls...the chocolate room." I pushed open the door to my wonderful creation and watched as my guests began making their way over the threshold. I noticed that Veruca was aggressively pushing her way past the others. In response, my sweet girl pulled Violet our of the spoiled heiress' warpath.

Violet glared at the back of Miss. Salt's head before turning to face her savior. "Thanks, y/n." My angel smiled sweetly and pulled Violet to her side as they began walking through the door. Charlie went to stand almost protectively on Violet's other side. 'What a wonderful boy.' I thought to myself as I followed closely behind my favorite group. 'It would seem that my dear girl has had a heavy influence on his upbringing.'

As soon as we stepped in, I focused all my attention on my angel's face, and she did not disappoint. The look of pure wonder and awe that reflected on her face made my chest swell up in pride. I decided to take a look at the rest of the group's reaction and apart from Charlie and Violet, everyone else had a look of pure greed. They were staring at everything in a calculating manner. Almost as if they are calculating how much they could gorge themselves on. I frowned. 'This. This is why I gave up on people. Greedy, selfish people. If only everyone in the world was like my beautiful angel.'

I glanced back at my little dove and, unable to contain my rush of affection for her, "accidentally" lightly grazed her hand with mine. I simply couldn't help myself. The need to touch her, even for just a brief moment, was too overwhelming. I felt her gaze on me but stared straight ahead.

"Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three." I whispered, hoping that she would understand my reference immediately. Maybe this would help jog her memory.

Come with me

And you'll be

In a world of pure imagination

Take a look

Mr. Beauregarde was attempting to descend the stairs. 'Honestly, did I say it was okay to wander?' I whipped my cane out in front of the insufferable man, effectively stopping him dead in his tracks.

And you'll see

Into your imagination

After making sure that the man seemed to understand not to move forward unless I do, I began making my way down the stairs, my angel by my side. I decided to have some fun with my guests. For every step I made down the stairs, I took another step back before moving forward once more and repeating the same process over again.

We'll begin

I spun around to face everyone with a large grin, startling most of the children and even some parents as well.

With a spin

Traveling in the world of my creation

What we'll see will defy

It seems that dear little Veruca did not observe the lesson that Mr. Beauregarde quickly learned because she was trying to push Charlie and Violet out of her way in order to get to the candy laid out before her. 'Well, it seems it is up to me to correct her volatile behavior since her spineless father is too much of a coward to do so.' I paused my song long enough to whip my cane out in front of her, halting her from going any further. She looked like she was about to explode. 'Good,' I thought with self-satisfaction. 'The quicker she learns that she can't always get what she wants when she wants it, the better off she will be.'