8

Her head hurt, it was actually killing her and the slight stomach ache she felt made her regret eating that last burrito last night, but the small voice in the back of her head made her feel a little excited. She wasn't sure why, except for the fact that they had now been trying for a baby, for three and a half months and as a doctor a headache and a stomach ache could be early on symptoms. Not that she was pregnant, people got stomach aches and headaches all the time without being pregnant but she and Derek had been trying and they were ready for a baby so, with all that trying soon, there was bound to be a baby.

She turned around in his arms, pressing a small kiss against his bare chest. He always looked so happy when they were together, not just because they had had a lot of sex the night before. "Hmm..."

"Morning..." He murmured, already half awake.

"You're up?"

"I'm up."

"Okay." She whispered, wrapping an arm around his waist.

"I didn't want to wake you up." He whispered, kissing her forehead.

"I'm up now." She whispered.

"How'd you sleep?"

"Great..." She breathed, burying her head in his chest. Maybe her head would stop pounding soon. "You?"

"Very good..." He whispered.

"Hmm...very." She smiled.

"Last night...was exhausting." He chuckled.

"It was." She yawned.

"But in a good way."

"Uh huh..." She breathed, a hand moving around her stomach.

"You okay?" Derek whispered, noticing what she was doing.

"Yeah..."

"Hmm..."

"Der?"

"Yeah?"

"I um....I...it's just...."

"What's wrong Mer?" Derek frowned.

"It's just...I didn't....I don't know but my head and..."

"What..."

"I might be...I might not be but my head hurts and my stomach...and I'm two days late so maybe...I don't think I am but I could be pregnant." Meredith whispered, moving her head back to his chest.

"You...think you..."

"I don't know."

"But...you're late."

"Only two days but I just feel...I don't know...it might be the burritos."

"You did eat three of them."

"Yeah." Meredith bit her lips.

"But...I mean...It might not be the burritos..." Derek breathed.

"It might not be..."

"You might be pregnant." He said, sitting up.

"But I could not be."

"But you could be."

"I could be." She whispered, finally sitting up and pulling her feet to her chest.

"We...might have made a baby Mer." He breathed, a small smile on his face.

"Yeah..."

"You don't seem happy."