22

She should be pigging out. She was newly pregnant and there were fresh brownies, drizzled with hot fudge sitting right in front of her and she just wanted to be sick. She warned him she wouldn't eat it, but as he scooped a serving of vanilla ice cream in a bowl, she couldn't help but look at him like he was crazy.

He was probably getting annoyed at this point. Before he even got a chance to make the brownies, she asked for a quesadilla and then she didn't want it so he made her the brownies and cut up fruit, all things she didn't want after they were in front of her face. Typically the brownies would be half gone, pregnant or not. Now the warm aroma, was just irritating and the now cold quesadilla was looking not very appetizing.

But now, as he slid the ice cream over to her, she looked up, a frown growing across her face before she bit her lip. "No thanks."

"Seriously?"

"I thought I wanted it....but now I don't." She sighed, pushing the spoon away.

"Have one spoonful." Derek sighed.

"No." She sighed, also pushing away the bowl of fruit.

"Are you just going to go on a hunger strike?"

"No."

"You have to eat."

"I know but I can't."

"You're not trying."

"Yes I am." She frowned.

"You don't have to eat this...you can have anything...just please...eat something." Derek breathed.

"It just comes right back up."

"Maybe I should call your doctor..."

"Derek...morning sickness." Meredith rolled her eyes. "Well actually this seems to be forever sickness but my point is that this is normal and right now...I want that gross thing you call a quesadilla clear over there."

"You do want it?"

"Not the quesadilla." She winced.

"Do you want cereal...or soup...or french toast...or pasta..." Derek listed off foods, hoping something would appeal to her.

"No." She frowned, resting her head on her hand. "The brownies sounded good."

"Please just take at least a bite of something." Derek sighed.

"Hmm...."

"One bite..."

"Of what?"

"Anything."

"I...fine." Her shoulder's dropped.

"Do you want me to make you something else?"

"No." She frowned.

"At this rate, I'm going to get fatter than you." He sighed, taking a bite of his own brownie.

"Maybe." She sighed.

"When was the last time you had an actual meal?" Derek sighed, running his fingers through his hair.

"I had a few bites of pasta salad the night you left."

"Meredith..." Derek whispered.

"I've had bites and eaten little things Derek but everything makes me sick."

"Are you sure this is morning sickness and not because of...me?:

"Yeah."

"Just checking." He sighed.