35

It was Christmas, which she didn't care about. Or she never used to care except now she had butterflies as she watched her husband sleep, letting him hold her close. It was still dark out and something about being pregnant made her want to get up and celebrate Chrismas with her husband and their unborn child. So he needed to wake up and then brush his teeth before they opened presents. "Der..."

"Sleep..."

She didn't do this. She didn't wake up before the sun came up just because it was Christmas, but according to Derek's mother, his sisters and Derek himself, they would have to get used to it once they had children. So she was ready, a little early. "Derek."

"It's...dark...still sleeping..." He muttered, burying his head in his pillow

"It's Christmas."

"Hmm..."

"And we can eat the peppermint cookies your Mom made me."

"What time is it?" He groaned.

"Too early."

"Go back to sleep..."

"No." She whispered, lifting her head and pressing a kiss against his tired lips.

"I'm tired." He murmured.

"Me too but it's Christmas and isn't this what you wanted?" She asked. "For me to be more excited about Christmas?"

"I'm excited to." He breathed, blinking his eyes to get used to the light Meredith had put on

"And there are presents."

"No more sleep?"

"After presents."

"Okay..." He chuckled tiredly, kissing her.

"But sex sometime before your Mom's."

"This is our last...quiet Christmas." Derek smiled.

"We might have a quiet baby." She whispered, lying on her back.

"Not on Christmas." Derek laughed, leaning on his elbow and looking at her.

"She'll only be a few months old...or something."

"Ready to go open presents?"

"After you brush your teeth."

"Of course." Derek rolled his eyes.

"You have bad morning breath."

"I know...I know..." He laughed, getting up out of bed and going into the bathroom.

"Squeaky clean!"

"Working on it!" He yelled back as he brushed his teeth.

"Good!" She giggled, pulling the covers back over her body. She was cold, tired and ready to be in bed except it was Christmas. They had the morning together and now she really wanted to be Christmassy with her husband.

"Squeaky clean." Derek smiled, coming back out of the bathroom.

"Hmm...." Meredith yawned from the bed.

"Presents?"

"Yeah." She smiled.

"Okay...Come on..." He laughed, helping her out of bed.

"I'm I am this lazy now...what are we going to do when my stomach gets big?" She giggled, fixing her top.

"I don't know...I might have to carry you around."