43

Meredith was pretty sure Stella, her niece was crazy. Crazy Cute. She figured Stella would want to play go fish, then dolls and then eat her ice cream sandwich before taking a nap. But no, Stella ate her ice cream sandwich and then she wanted nothing more then to look at the baby stuff. Now, they were folding baby clothes, small baby clothes. "You're doing a great job Stel."

"Thanks Auntie Mer." Stella grinned up at her Aunt, a messy pile of clothes in front of her.

"Auntie...." Meredith giggled, knowing that Derek had still convinced Stella to call her Auntie.

"Mehdith..."

"Yes?"

"How's Sam gonna come out of there?" Stella frowned, pointing to Meredith's stomach.

"How....oh...."

"Is Uncle Dewek gonna take him out?"

"No....Uncle Derek put him in there." Meredith mumbled, before clearing her throat. "Well...when he's ready....I'll go to the hospital and the doctor will help me take him out."

"Can I come see you?" Stella asked.

"Yeah...." Meredith smiled, picking up a onesie. "Once he comes out."

"Can I play with him?" Stella giggled.

"Well...maybe Uncle Derek will help you hold him."

"Okay." She sighed.

"He's going to be really small." Meredith breathed, taking a stack from beside Stella and struggling to get it in the basket as her stomach blocked her.

"How small?"

"Like....this big." Meredith opened her hands slightly, staring at the small amount of empty space.

"Wow!" Stella gasped.

"I know."

"Was I that little?"

"I don't know but I bet you were." Meredith smiled, leaning over to fix the rubber band on Stella's pigtail.

"I hope he likes me." Stella whispered.

"He's going to love you."

"Pinky swear?"

"I pinky swear." Meredith winked, holding out her right hand and extending the pinky finger.

"I love you." Stella grinned, linking her pinky finger with Meredith's.

"I love you." Meredith giggled.

"I love you too Sam." Stella whispered, leaning over and kissing Meredith's stomach.

"Awww....."

"Can we have ice cream now?"

"Please?"

"I think I want more ice cream to."

"Yay!" Stella clapped

"Come on." Meredith giggled, pressing her hand into the arm of the sofa as she struggled to get up.

"Does Sam want ice cream too?" Stella giggled, as she ran into the kitchen in front of Meredith.

"I think he does too." Meredith laughed, walking to the freezer. "Go sit at the counter."

"Okay!"

"Okay....but don't tell your Mommy I gave you two ice cream sandwiches and a cookie."