Chapter 10

I wake up Monday morning to my alarm. I rub my eyes and lay back down. I keep having the same nightmare. Over and over again. Could it mean something? Or am I just being paranoid? Your mental state truly surprises me. Shut up. I get up and pick out my clothes. A bright pink crop-top, black short overalls, and black thigh-high boots. I pull my hair into pigtails leaving two strands of hair out to frame my face. I've always loved this creepy cute style. I just haven't been able to really show it at school before. I sit in front of my mirror and start my make-up. I put blush across my cheeks and nose, pink eyeshadow, and black lipstick. Before I leave my room I do a little twirl in the mirror. You look hideous. You really are a child. You sound like my thoughts all the time Skylee.

As I leave my room I hear my mom's door slam. I look in that direction and I can hear quiet sobbing. Usually, I would check up on her but she's been so awful to me these past few days. I don't know if Skylee is behind it but I can't act nice to her right now. I walk downstairs into the kitchen. I don't know why I even walk into here anymore. It's not like I'll ever eat. As I turn to grab my bag to leave, I see a piece of paper out of the corner of my eye, resting on the table. Curious, I pick it up and start to read:

Dear Sister,

What kind of mother are you? I know you can feel the magical energy within Sally. Also, I'd like to comment on that name. Sally? Really? That name is worse than the curse mother placed on that one town. Anyways, you need to hand Sally over to me. She has amazing potential. If I wasn't suppressing her magic she could probably overpower me! She could turn on you in an instance. She should live with me. I know how you feel about me and mother. She was so disappointed in you. How could you not have magical powers? You were her daughter! But oh well. You can't stop me. You know this, so don't even try. Sally WILL continue the family history. Hell, she might be worse than mother. I would wish you the best but I honestly don't care. I only wish Father would have succeeded. I wouldn't have to deal with this. Anyways, your time is coming to an end.

Your Sister,

Skylee Rose

I set down the paper shaking. She wants me to be like her and Grandma? "I only wish father would have succeeded"? What does that even mean? I open my hand and focus on a spell Lexi had taught me if I needed her. It's a calling spell. A small white ball appears in my hand, "Lexi?". Within seconds Lexi is right at my side scaring the shit out of me. "Whoah there," Lexi giggles placing a hand on my shoulder, "What's up?" I motion towards the paper on the table. As Lexi reads her face falls. Once she finishes she looks at me, "This is bad Sally. I wonder what their father did? I-I couldn't find out anything about their father anywhere. The only thing we can do is just stay on guard." She looks at me again, "Wait, cool make-up!" I laugh. Way to change the feel of the room. "Thanks." I pick up my bag, "I have to go or I'll be late." "Ok," Lexi hesitates then hugs me, "Be safe. Ok, Sally?" I hug back, "Don't worry, I won't." We both laugh and say goodbye.

We're at lunch. Addie, Max, and I are sitting at the table. Max and Addie are happily talking. I suddenly feel a sharp pain in my stomach. I don't eat so I get stomach aches often but this one is BAD. I can't help but to groan and clutch my stomach. I haven't eaten at all since, what was it, Friday? Saturday? "Sally?" I feel Max's hand on my shoulder, "Sally. Are you ok?" "I'm fine" I squeak out. Max rubs my shoulder, "Sally when did you last eat?" I don't look at him and just focus on my breathing. My head hurts like a mother fucker and so does my stomach. Max places an apple in front of me, "Eat this." I shake my head, "That's your food. And I'm not even hungry. I'll eat when I get home." "No you won't." Shit, he's so right. Max grabs the apple and holds it out to me, "Sally. Eat." I look up at him, his face is full of worry. I sigh and take the apple. I twist it in my hands before finally taking a bite. "Oooooo, look at the little love birds." I look up and see Josie and her friends are laughing at us. "Go to hell Josie," I mumble as I take another bite of the apple. "You know Sally. I don't think I've ever seen you eat. Are you starving yourself?" "Shut up Josie," I hear Max raise his voice. "Oh, Sally don't even try. Even if you lose weight you'll still be ugly as fuck. Well, that and useless." "Josie fuck off!!!" Max stands up and nearly shouts at Josie. Her face darkens as she turns and walks away.

When I get home my head is spinning. I lay on my bed and place a hand on my head. I have always struggled with low blood sugar, not eating doesn't really help. Maybe I should get an apple? I go to get out of bed but as soon as I stand up the corners of my vision start to go black. My head spins faster and faster until I can't stand. I fall back down hitting my head on my bed. I have a piercing pain in the back of my head but I'm more focused on staying conscious. "L-l-l-l-lexi...." my whispers are barely audible. But Lexi appears by my side within seconds. "Sally! Sally?! What's happening, what's wrong?" Lexi places her hand on my forehead, "Oh shit, here take this." She puts some form of pill in my hand. I swallow it, dry. She levitates me off the ground and on my bed. She crouches and holds my hand for a few minutes until I can finally sit up on my own. "Sally I swear to fucking god." Lexi teleports an apple from downstairs and hands it to me. It's gone within seconds. "Do I need to force-feed you? Honestly, you need to eat. It's not worth it Sally. You're a fucking toothpick. How skinny do you want to be?" I just sit in silence. What am I supposed to say?

I get a text message on my phone:

M: Sally? You wanna come over?

I have a surprise!

It's from Max. I look outside, my mom won't be off work 'till seven so I have a good four hours to kill.

S: Um, sure.

M: Be right over, same place.

I show Lexi the text message. She nods and we teleport away.