Chapter 12

"W-was that?" Max is at my side now. I simply nod my head. I'm trying to process what I just saw. Addie teleported away so... she's a witch? How could she not tell me? Why was she spying on us? "I-I'm sorry Max I have to go." "What? Sally?" He follows me out into the main area of the basement. I say Lexi's name and she appears. "I'm sorry Max. Thanks for the afternoon." I give him a quick kiss, "I'll talk to you later ok?" I grab Lexi's hand and wave goodbye as Max's basement fades from sight.

"What happened?" Lexi asks as soon as we appear in my backyard. I tell her the whole story. When I finish Lexi shakes her head and looks away, "How did I not detect it? I was trained to detect magical forces! The only way she could've hidden it is if either she was trained to or someone has a suppression spell on her." I pull out my phone, "Let's head to the park." As we walk I remove Addie from the group chat and send a text:

S: Guys? You there?

It's important.

B: What's Up?

M: Sally did you remove Addie?

B: What? You did, why? What happened?

S: I don't know how to put this but Addie is a witch.

B: ...

S: What?

M: Are you talking about what just happened?

B: What? What happened?

S: It's Addison, I was at Max's and I caught her spying on us

When I found her she teleported away...

B: What?

S: Addie is a witch. And on top of that, she's either

A really powerful one or is working with someone powerful

Or both.

B: WHAT?!

M: My question is why was she spying on us?

S: Idk

Lexi and I reach the park and we sit down on a bench.

B: I just can't believe it.

How could she not tell us?

Lexi is looking over my shoulder, "I still don't know how I didn't detect it." I get a text from Addie:

A: WHY THE HELL WAS I REMOVED FROM

THE GROUP CHAT?!

S: I'm not going to talk to you right now.

A: Turn around bitch

A chill goes up my spine. Lexi and I jump up and turn around and Addie comes out of the tree line. I hear Addie's phone go off and she looks at it. Addie's face is completely different, the cute little nerd I knew from a few hours ago is gone. All that remains is this rage-filled Addison that looks like she'll rip my fucking head off. Addie looks up, "You told them. Great. To hell with it, they'll forgive me after." Addie casts a spell that looks like a white ray of light. I can't even blink before it hits me square in the chest. I fall to the ground and start puking up blood. But the blood isn't red, it's blue. It's just like in my dreams. My nightmares. Lexi shoots a purple spell back and before she hits a tree, Addie teleports away. "Sally!" Lexi helps me to my feet. I'm pretty much putting my entire weight on her.

I look up and see my mom at the entrance to the park. She's wearing a black sweatshirt and blue leggings. Her hair is a mess and her face is filled with shock and sadness, "No....." My mom turns and runs away. "Mom," my voice is barely audible. I take a step in her direction and instantly fall to the ground. It's like all the strength in my body is gone. Why won't you just die? What?

Let her finish the job. Wait, "she's working for you?" Lexi nearly drops me in shock, "Come on we need to go." We teleport to a room I don't recognize. A teenage guy walks out of one of the two doors. Black.